Tyre Pressure 275/40/19

ZipcodeUK

VIP Member
T6 Guru
random question folks, searched for ages but can't seem to find what Pressures to run on the 275/40/19" Amarok Cantera wheels?
I swear I found it on here when i first fitted the wheels but now I can't and tomorrow I need to do a wheel rotation and I want to check tyres pressures too....

HELP :p

Unfortunately not. They don’t even list the pressures for 18” wheels which are a standard wheel for a lot of Kombi’s.
Annoyingly, I had found the info on the forum before but for the life of me I can’t now.
I’m not sure if your looking for the correct pressures but I used to run anything between 38-45 psi in these

Hi all,

I’m currently running 275/40/19 tyres and looking for a sweet spot in pressure!

Any advice welcome, first van and only managed 750 miles in the past 12 months so a novice with this stuff!

Cheers

Hi all,

I’m currently running 275/40/19 tyres and looking for a sweet spot in pressure!

Any advice welcome, first van and only managed 750 miles in the past 12 months so a novice with this stuff!

Cheers
Hi @Gstar

I too run 275/40 19” tyres. Mine are 105Y XL Falken Azenis FK510 on 19x9” wheels.

My LWB Kombi is mostly run virtually empty.
I’ve been slowly lowering pressures and am currently @ 46PSI all round.
The tyres have done around 12k miles and still have over 5m left, evenly worn.

I’ve just come across your post after reading thru all the many pages of the 20” tyre pressure thread.
I wonder whether Oli @BognorMotors or Steve @CRS Performance might have some sage advice for us rare nineteeners?
Thanking you in advance gents.
Andy

go down some more. , you can treat 19 inch the same as 20 and some customers run under 40 psi You can go slightly higher in the rear if it’s campered.

I have different sized tyres but I run around 40 and find that gives even wear across the tyre. They were over inflated to around 50 by the tyre fitters once and resulted excessive wear in the centre of the tyres as I didn’t check for far too long.

This time I checked as soon as I got home from the fitters and found they’d damaged 2 of the wheels. I’m not sure why I go back there!

go down some more. , you can treat 19 inch the same as 20 and some customers run under 40 psi You can go slightly higher in the rear if it’s campered.
Thank you Steve.
Knowledgeable and helpful as always.
As my tyre wear has been even across the tread, I had thought 46 was about right. After reading all the 20” tyre pressure thread posts I’d started to wonder.
I’ll lower go them.
Mine’s normally virtually empty. So may try slightly less in rears.
Andy

Last edited:
@cgtmiles
Thank you too for your input.
Try different fitters?!?
We're lucky to live opposite a independant mobile tyre fitter - Lewis of Tech and Tyres, Trowbridge/Melksham, who takes great care in his work.
Andy

@cgtmiles
Thank you too for your input.
Try different fitters?!?
We're lucky to live opposite a independant mobile tyre fitter - Lewis of Tech and Tyres, Trowbridge/Melksham, who takes great care in his work.
Andy
Tyre pressures affect wear in the centre of the tyre. Too high pressure the centre wears quicker , too low the outer wears quicker . Wheel alignment however affects wear on the outer and inner edges scrubbing the thread off

Back