Van wouldn’t restart after a Stop/Start activation

kellywend1221

Our T6 cut out after we came to traffic lights the start/stop cut in, and when the lights changed to green the whole van turned off, turned the key absolutely nothing, I got pushed into lay-by and all of a sudden it started. Is this a common fault with the start/stop, it was like the battery had disconnected, I had to set the clock as if the battery had disconnected.

Our T6 cut out after we came to traffic lights the start/stop cut in, and when the lights changed to green the whole van turned off, turned the key absolutely nothing, I got pushed into lay-by and all of a sudden it started. Is this a common fault with the start/stop, it was like the battery had disconnected, I had to set the clock as if the battery had disconnected.
Have you checked the battery connections are tight - sometimes the obvious things are overlooked

What battery is it? Moll batteries were defective from factory and this was a common fault when the start/stop was activated at traffic lights etc. have a check

IMG_4467.jpeg

Hi all this is my battery, the little brown cable is this on the right terminal as it looks like it should go to the positive?
Many thanks

Just connect the brown cables to the bodywork to pick up their negative connection and so that the vans battery shunt can accurately tell the ECU what state the starter battery is in.
The stop/start is overridden when the battery is below par.

Did you find what the problem was ?

For the entire van to lose power and things reset it has to be one of the main connections
I would start with the battery terminals then check the main body earth down beside the battery (follow the fat negative cable from the battery) as that has been known to come loose and give a bad connection

No I haven’t found out yet! Just took the van for a drive and the start/stop wasn’t working, but didn’t cut out this time. I will check all the wiring around the battery, hopefully it’s something simple!

No I haven’t found out yet! Just took the van for a drive and the start/stop wasn’t working, but didn’t cut out this time. I will check all the wiring around the battery, hopefully it’s something simple!
Don’t forget there can be a number of reasons the stop start doesn’t work (temporarily), a/c switched on, low voltage in the starter battery, once the various parameters are met it will kick in. Personally I switch it off when I start a drive as I don’t like it

Back