Vehicle Photography - Would anybody be interested?

Would anyone be interested?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGrapeEscape

@The.Grape.Escape.T6 Instagram
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, I put up for sale my carbon fibre vehicle photography rig, the thread can be found Here

the thread had a lot of replies off people, suggesting I should keep it and that people may be interested having one done of their pride and joy.

Only one problem, I sold my camera back in March 2024. Now, my friend has very kindly borrowed me his dslr for the week, so Tonight (if the weather holds out) I'll be taking my van out to get a shot done of it.

I will update the thread later with the pic of mine if it gets done, but for now I'll put this reference pic up of one I done for Transporter HQ many years ago.

FB_IMG_1627579757883.jpgFB_IMG_1627579749123.jpg

Price wise, if I went ahead with offering them again, would be £100 per shotwhich may sound expensive, but this is mainly due to the time involved (1 hour session Inc setting up and putting away then 4 hours editing roughly, making sure its perfect for print) .

Question is, would anyone be interested?

I'd start off doing them local to me (The Midlands) as for each shoot, it requires a fairly quiet road/farm track/lane etc as the rig is 6m long and stands out like a sore thumb. In my time rigging, I've roughly shot 300 vehicles, including work for Maguires too. Only vehicles I tend to decline are ones with vinyl wrapped roofs.

Anyway, I'm rambling now.....so let me know if this Is something you would be interested in.

Mark

Yeah, I'd be able to do discount if a few turned up at once. Ideally it takes an hour per shoot, but, once the rigs set up, it's just a case of swapping over the suction cups from van to van. I reckon I could get 5 done in 3 hours

I may be doing the nc500 soon, could always try it then.

As for Kent, maybe try sort a group session out.

I’d be interested but I’m in Kent…
I may be doing the nc500 soon, could always try it then.

As for Kent, maybe try sort a group session out.
I’d pop along to the Bluewater meet if @TheGrapeEscape does venture down for this

I’d pop along to the Bluewater meet if @TheGrapeEscape does venture down for this

I don't have my own camera yet bud, my mates one is a crop sensor camera, so makes the image look closer. On an full frame camera, 20mm will be a wider shot and look more realistic, with better clarity to the shot. If I'm going to offer the service, I'd rather you all get a professional shot from me to cherish

Had another attempt. After Today, im in two minds if i should lay out over 1k for a camera or just oeave the rig on my wardrobe

Before

20240811_172757.jpg

The Result

Screenshot_20240811_195604_Gallery.jpg

And if you wanted to get technical......

NO BRAKES!!!!!

Screenshot_20240811_195400_Gallery.jpg

Had another attempt. After Today, im in two minds if i should lay out over 1k for a camera or just oeave the rig on my wardrobe

Before

View attachment 254734

The Result

View attachment 254735

And if you wanted to get technical......

NO BRAKES!!!!!

View attachment 254733
Madman!! :rofl:

They are cracking shots.

Do you need to spend that much on a full frame DSLR?

A used 5D MK3 from mpb is £500 and a canon 17-35 f2.8 L USM is £250. You could quite easily go cheaper on the body - although if people want to print at a decent size you'll need 20mp at least.

Yeah, true.

When I used to do it properly, I was using a Nikon D800 and a 20mm f/1.8 lens. The camera was 36.6mp as I used to offer prints with the session.

I had a look at used ones, but now they've all got like 100,000 Shutter count. I've found a D750 and 20mm for £975.

I’ve got a Nikon that my Daughter used for a school project but not used for like 10 years. I’ll see what model it is if you’re interested??

Yeah, photography - another expensive hobby!

I still dabble a bit, I've got an Olympus Micro 4/3 body and a few lenses, the good thing with those is the prime lenses are dirt cheap (avoiding the pro series) - 25mm f1.8 for £200 for instance.

No need to spend a fortune on a DSLR. Above image need a driver though. :)
I actually took one with me driving, but the suction cups were over my face on the final image. I have to use a cpl filter to do it. The one I took of my mates porsche, had more clarity in pic, as the camera and lens attached was about £2,500 at the time

Back