Velare VLR07

T6ARF

Matt
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Velare VLR 07 in Diamond Black with Machined face.

Staggered - front 8.5j ET35 rear 10j ET45 with a load rating of 850kg per wheel on 106W

D870DA80-690E-40FA-A374-51B06DA090E1.jpeg

9F56EAA6-A088-4D06-B485-EF5B1A3FEE99.jpeg

Awesome wheels... what suspension are you running, and how low in the last pic? Cheers

Great looking wheel. Are they genuine vw centre caps or an eBay special?
Thanks @JamesBlack

To be honest I can’t give you an answer to your question.... the wheels were on my van when I bought it so I don’t know?
Having said that, the chap I bought it from was/is very particular about things, so I’m sure he would’ve sourced them from somewhere decent? I’ll have a look tomorrow in the daylight to see if there is a mark or any clue on the reverse of the caps :thumbsup:

Subject to receiving a ‘reclassification’ weight certificate from Velare Wheels through the very helpful Oli @BognorMotors.... these wheels are certified load rated up to 875kg and Velare are issuing a retrospective certificate in respect of this.

I’d go 265/40/20 or 275/35/20 (this is the official VW supported size for 20s).
I‘m sure experts will be along in a minute :thumbsup:

I think from memory they come in 8.5 and 10 so they can be staggered if required.
if you do a search there's plenty on the forum

Looks like the matt graphite are 8.5" wide. How about 245 40 20 or 255 40 20? These are available in a 103 and 101 load rating respectively which would both suit a T30, and would fit better on an 8.5 rim than 275's.

Yeah. The narrower tyres would fit the wheels better (if, in fact they are 8.5") improve the looks, the handling and maybe even the fuel economy.

T30 :)
Will be pressure sensors need transferring? (noob question)
Depends - if you have indirect tpms then no as it uses the ABS system to calculate whether a tyre has lost pressure. You will likely have to reset it after driving a few miles on the new wheels/tyres - I did when changing from 16” to 19” wheels recently.

If you have direct tpms then yes you will need to transfer over the wheel sensors.

What year van is it and is it a Highline or Startline?

Back