Victron Orion Smart bluetooth always on

veearrsix

VIP Member
I am installing a Victron Orion TR smart isolated dc-dc. Just a quick question, should the bluetooth always be switched on, I thought it would switch off when the remote is switched off. I have pin H connected to a switched live, but when the ignition is switched off the bluetooth stays active.

I am installing a Victron Orion TR smart isolated dc-dc. Just a quick question, should the bluetooth always be switched on, I thought it would switch off when the remote is switched off. I have pin H connected to a switched live, but when the ignition is switched off the bluetooth stays active.
Yes, the remote H pin is just telling the charger function to power on or off, not powering on the device.

The DC-DC is getting power from the battery. If it wasn't, the remote wouldn't work.

BT stays on when unit has power, totally normal.

If you need to shut it down for storage etc then you need to add isolation switches to the battery feeds.

Would it be a bad idea to put a relay or smart battery isolaor in between the starter battery and dc-dc? Something along this lines of this or this

Why would you want to shut the power off?

It's extremely low power draw when sleeping...

If the van is going into storage then most people just switch of the main leisure battery isolator.

Paranoid about the bluetooth always being on and some crafty begger hacking my pin.
I wouldn’t worry. If the range of your Bluetooth is anything like mine the crafty beggar would have to be in the van or within 2 yards! Highly unlikely that someone with the skills and interest to bother hacking a Victron charger would find and chose your van. What would they do other than change some settings??

Back