We are now a VW registered converter

Voodoo Developments

VCDS User | Camper Conversions
Trade Member
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening,

So, I’ve been busy in the back ground sorting various things , the demo van has gone on the back burner and I’ve been burning the candle at both ends lol,

Anyway, long story short I’ve obtained registered Vw converter status, and finally purchased a CNC machine alongside vectric, solidworks, and autocad. We have access to the VW cad data from VW to enable us to build stuff for conversions, we cannot however give any data or drawings away due to NDA agreements etc

My business partner is a proper joiner, and his Mrs is a CAD expert. I’m a ex Vw tech, and together we make a great team.

Anyway, we are going to be able to offer pretty much anything to do with campers, but also any other storage, ply lining, roofs, floors panels , units etc etc all designed in CAD using the proper data from Vw.

We need to build a portfolio of products to go on the website so if anyone would like anything making then please drop me a message, obviously there will be a cost, but it will be reasonable without any design costs - as that is really where all the time goes. - I am flat out at the moment tying up some loose ends so apologies if I don’t come back to you immediately.

We have started making kitchen units already and don’t use knock on trim - it’s all done and edged properly, all the connectors are m6 bolts into special connectors for ease of use and all hardware is made by hafele/ Blum

IMG_2789_jpg.jpeg

IMG_2790_jpg.jpeg

Sounds cool! The product I was looking for when I did my conversion was essentially the regular layout, but to go with a 3/4 width bed on rails that slides to the front. Crucially it needed to have the fridge not project out, and have tambour doors rather than hinges. No commercial builder offers this, so I built my own in the end.

Side panels with pockets that go into the voids would also be good - again I had to make my own.

This is interesting. I'd be interested in seeing your kitchens when they're built. I'll be in the market for one about October

Evening,

So, I’ve been busy in the back ground sorting various things , the demo van has gone on the back burner and I’ve been burning the candle at both ends lol,

Anyway, long story short I’ve obtained registered Vw converter status, and finally purchased a CNC machine alongside vectric, solidworks, and autocad. We have access to the VW cad data from VW to enable us to build stuff for conversions, we cannot however give any data or drawings away due to NDA agreements etc

My business partner is a proper joiner, and his Mrs is a CAD expert. I’m a ex Vw tech, and together we make a great team.

Anyway, we are going to be able to offer pretty much anything to do with campers, but also any other storage, ply lining, roofs, floors panels , units etc etc all designed in CAD using the proper data from Vw.

We need to build a portfolio of products to go on the website so if anyone would like anything making then please drop me a message, obviously there will be a cost, but it will be reasonable without any design costs - as that is really where all the time goes. - I am flat out at the moment tying up some loose ends so apologies if I don’t come back to you immediately.

We have started making kitchen units already and don’t use knock on trim - it’s all done and edged properly, all the connectors are m6 bolts into special connectors for ease of use and all hardware is made by hafele/ Blum

View attachment 248389

View attachment 248388
Congratulations! If only vw were selling a transporter for you to convert! ;)

Judging by the amount of older vans we see here that have just been converted i would say there is plenty of work to go for ,

So "Go for it" bud , good luck with this and we are here to support as always . We are aligning ourselves with some top companies nowadays and there will be news of this coming soon .

SH

Back