Webasto sticker inside door..

ChrisKites

I just got my California Beach T6 and am looking to install a water heater. The idea was to take it of the Webasto Thermotop Evo coolant heater that comes with the new T6's. However the dealer in Spain told me that those aren't installed in the Spanish T6. However looking on the inside of my door, a sticker is showing the Webasto Thermo Top Evo and Eberspacher Airtronic M. Does this mean my T6 does have the coolant heater after all?
View media item 2179
Is the dealer right or is the sticker right? How do I know if the thermotop is there? Actually, where exactly would the webasto be located?

Looking forward to some replies, Cheers!

I just got my California Beach T6 and am looking to install a water heater. The idea was to take it of the Webasto Thermotop Evo coolant heater that comes with the new T6's. However the dealer in Spain told me that those aren't installed in the Spanish T6. However looking on the inside of my door, a sticker is showing the Webasto Thermo Top Evo and Eberspacher Airtronic M. Does this mean my T6 does have the coolant heater after all?
View media item 2179
Is the dealer right or is the sticker right? How do I know if the thermotop is there? Actually, where exactly would the webasto be located?

Looking forward to some replies, Cheers!
Whereabouts Webasto coolant heater have a look at here --> Which Type Of Diesel Heater?

Last edited:
You have both. VW Dealers know as much about your van as my cat does. In fact, my cat knows a lot more as she spends more time underneath it.

Look under the van on the right hand side. The eber is in line with the front seat and the Webasto is situated in line with the sliding door.

You have both. VW Dealers know as much about your van as my cat does. In fact, my cat knows a lot more as she spends more time underneath it.

Look under the van on the right hand side. The eber is in line with the front seat and the Webasto is situated in line with the sliding door.
Thanks! I will have a look underneath once I come back home. Would save me a little bit of money for the warm water heating.

Hi All,
Brand new to the site and never posted before...
I have just bought a 2017 Caravelle and wanted to put in auxiliary heating.
After reading some other related posts I have discovered this sticker.... does this mean I have a Webasto fitted? If so then how do I control it??? There are no obvious controls for it.... certainly not in the roof panel.
Thanks!k9DJjHxQSP2564nI29n4rA.jpg

Hey welcome - I’m a newbie too :). That heater works automatically - I think when 5 degrees or less - it’s a liquid heater and gets the coolant up to temperature so you get near instant heat out of the vents. You can get a remote unit for it - think it’s about £450 - you do need to reflash the software on the heater too.

Hey welcome - I’m a newbie too :). That heater works automatically - I think when 5 degrees or less - it’s a liquid heater and gets the coolant up to temperature so you get near instant heat out of the vents. You can get a remote unit for it - think it’s about £450 - you do need to reflash the software on the heater too.
Awesome thank you. Can I use it as a heater overnight? So it's not a diesel heater?

It’s not diesel - it runs off of electric so would probably run your battery flat over. If your wanting overnight you may be best retro fitting a diesel one - sure there’s plenty of threads on here about them.

Oh yes it is diesel! ( It is even stated on the sticker:D) Usually set for around 1 hour max running. Not normally used as interior heater as it is 5Kw and heats the coolant and drains the battery. Its main purpose is quicker warming up of the engine for colder climates than the UK, a handy heater to have if you live in Finland and the like.

Oh yes it is diesel! ( It is even stated on the sticker:D) Usually set for around 1 hour max running. Not normally used as interior heater as it is 5Kw and heats the coolant and drains the battery. Its main purpose is quicker warming up of the engine for colder climates than the UK, a handy heater to have if you live in Finland and the like.
Damn thought I had saved myself a packet getting a Eberspacher or similar!
thanks !

The Thermotop heats the coolant up on cold days.

You can still fit an Airtop or Eber night heater. The Thermotop sits under the floor where the offside sliding door is. The Airtop is further forward under the floor where the right hand front seat is.

If you want the factory finish install, there is about 300 quid of plastic trims and grilles to budget for.

The Thermotop heats the coolant up on cold days.

You can still fit an Airtop or Eber night heater. The Thermotop sits under the floor where the offside sliding door is. The Airtop is further forward under the floor where the right hand front seat is.

If you want the factory finish install, there is about 300 quid of plastic trims and grilles to budget for.

Big learning curve here! Ok ... so I have to add the Airtop or Ever to get overnight heating..... dangerous question I know but... which is better?
Also what supports having a control panel in the roof by the lights switches? I don't want to have to mount a separate non OEM controller...

Neither is better. They are more or less the same price and performance is pretty much the same.

The alternative is a chinese made heater which is about half the price and allegedly performs the same. Lots of folks using these and very happy. I bought an eber because I have had previous experience of working on them.

I mounted the 7 day controller for my eber in the overhead console, running the cable up the A pillar. Some fabrication and car body filler needed to complete the integrated look.

Neither is better. They are more or less the same price and performance is pretty much the same.

The alternative is a chinese made heater which is about half the price and allegedly performs the same. Lots of folks using these and very happy. I bought an eber because I have had previous experience of working on them.

I mounted the 7 day controller for my eber in the overhead console, running the cable up the A pillar. Some fabrication and car body filler needed to complete the integrated look.
Think I will probably go with the Webasto, thanks for all your help.

Hi all,
New here and very happy with my 2017 Caravelle so far, but now it's time for a dumb question.

I noticed a label on the drivers door suggesting it has a factory fitted parking heater. I didn't even know it had one! Problem is I don't know how to operate it. A similar question came up on Farcebook the other day showing the same label but they showed a couple of rotary controls for it, which I don't have. I asked the not-very-helpful VW dealer I bought it from and they reckon there should be something behind the rear view mirror housing but I don't think there is. I see from the Webasto web site that additional remote controls are available but do these just work straight out of the box or is something else needed too?

Thanks

IMG_5292.jpeg

Hi all,
New here and very happy with my 2017 Caravelle so far, but now it's time for a dumb question.

I noticed a label on the drivers door suggesting it has a factory fitted parking heater. I didn't even know it had one! Problem is I don't know how to operate it. A similar question came up on Farcebook the other day showing the same label but they showed a couple of rotary controls for it, which I don't have. I asked the not-very-helpful VW dealer I bought it from and they reckon there should be something behind the rear view mirror housing but I don't think there is. I see from the Webasto web site that additional remote controls are available but do these just work straight out of the box or is something else needed too?

Thanks
I believe you've got so called auxiliary heater onboard. Basically it turns on independently when engine is started at ambient temperature below +5 °C and cabin heater is on.
Some more here:

That probably explains it. Shame the dimwit at VW who I asked the same question didn’t have your knowledge on the subject. I’ve only had the car since August and it hasn’t been cold to trigger the heater yet.
Thanks very much for you help.

That probably explains it. Shame the dimwit at VW who I asked the same question didn’t have your knowledge on the subject. I’ve only had the car since August and it hasn’t been cold to trigger the heater yet.
Thanks very much for you help.

Just to be clear, you currently have an engine heater and this can be upgraded to a fully functioning parking heater. It involves some wiring, a bit of hardware, flashing of the heater firmware and coding on the van itself.

That link @mmi posted should get you started.

Back