Webasto sticker inside door..

Hi, I’ve just removed a danhag webasto controller from my 2016 t6 caravelle, it has a SIM card slot and can be used remotely to warm up your van 30 mins before your journey. Works perfectly cost me just over £500 will post want £250

4F26A9C3-ACD5-4BC8-BE18-2B5F73B3A783.png

Hi
I’m new. I hope you’re all well and having a nice day. Actually been a Lurker and have taken the recommendations from you could good folk for an amplifier and speaker install- but now I really need help.

So there I was looking for the tyre pressures on a new to me 72 plate t6.1 LWB shuttle SE and instead the first sticker I find on the door is this… ‘Webasto thermo and comfort se / thermo top evo’

Ummm - no mention of it by the VW dealer. I the van bought over phone as an ex hire/lease/vw on 18k and picked up and then immediately sorted the steroe and promptly the. went abroad for work ..so it’s been in garage since Easter. (I also failed to notice one wheel has been replaced by looks of it as has some laquer peeling to the finish and a van contact 200 tyre rather than the contact evo on the other three corners, but hey ho)

So.. Webasto.. err that’s cool, but I’ve looked inside van and I can’t see any extra control on heating other than usual ones and the rear AC climate control only starts with ignition on.. no other panel anywhere unless I’m blind as well as stupid.

Any tips for an eejit to see what there is and if all there how to use it most welcome!. More excited about this than the football game in one hours time …but assume it’s only part of the stuff for full parking heater ..

IMG_7158.jpeg

IMG_7164.jpeg

I should add there is no leisure battery as it’s a shuttle so maybe it’s just ‘there’ and it’s an auxiliary heater and needs a clever person to wire it in and add controls and vents. My T6 forum search foo isn’t the best .. anyone have a thread of a similar nature ?

Last edited:
It a coolant heater that aids with engine warming when it's below a certain temperature, there's no manual control as standard it's all automatic.

You can add a remote, but as it's only running off the ststter battery it's no good as a parking heater but could be used for warming the van up in the morning before starting the engine.

Last edited:
Ah. I think I might have got my hopes up. Thought perhaps it was best part of a unit I could add to for a parking heater. Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure there are threads on here about it, you can mod it to run and heat the van? Have a search around.

If there are controls you would typically see it above the rear view mirror where it shows you the date (and 4 buttons on/off mode/timer/set)

If there are controls you would typically see it above the rear view mirror where it shows you the date (and 4 buttons on/off mode/timer/set)
Those controls are only for the factory fitted Eberspacher air heater, the webasto coolant heater was a std fit on caravelle and shuttle models.

You had to pay a couple of grand for the option for this. It came with the 2nd battery too.

1000004049.jpg1000004052.jpg

Those controls are only for the factory fitted Eberspacher air heater, the webasto coolant heater was a std fit on caravelle and shuttle models.
Afaiu this is bit dependent on the market though. I have ”Eurovelle” and it has roof controls for Webasto coolant heater, no air heater installed.

See this thread for what it takes to convert auxiliary water heater to a parking heater: OEM Webasto Auxiliary Heater To Parking Heater Upgrade

But it should be mentioned parking heater is not really good for a camping scenario. It is intended for pre warming engine + cabin before starting in cold mornings. It’s quite power hungry and inefficient in cabin heating as it heats coolant, needs a water pump running and heat exchanger then converts water heat to air.

Rather look into installing an air heater if you think you need one for camping - these are much more economical to run in terms of power needed.

Back