Weird DPF Problems - [Resolved]

No it hasnt been replaced.

I think that because of the faults sensor the air/fuel mixture was too rich, causing constant soot. I dont see any other reason
Soot physically shouldn’t be able to get through the dpf.

Hopefully it all works out well in the end.

Hi Ebiii......after changing the engine on my van all is well except this code occasionally comes up P226D Substrate missing. Thing is it is a brand new DPF.
Also have black smoke on start and under load......would appreciate any more information on the fuel rail pressure sensor replacement.....how did they diagnose that?

Hi Ebiii......after changing the engine on my van all is well except this code occasionally comes up P226D Substrate missing. Thing is it is a brand new DPF.
Also have black smoke on start and under load......would appreciate any more information on the fuel rail pressure sensor replacement.....how did they diagnose that?
the new DPF needs coding in, or "setting the defaults" - so the ECM expects a new DPF vs a learned blocked one.

Hi Dell,

Yes I have VCDS and set the soot to 0 on the DPF on install........any idea what the fuel rail pressure values should be on a normal drive? that may help.

Hi ! They diagnosed it because of an error code appearing but after a while. It worked for me but apparently it wasn't the root cause because p226d reappeared after 6 months and even the fuel pressure problem...

I think my problems is highly specific, could Be calculator problem, electronic problem I have no clue ..

Reactions: mmi
Back