What’s the best anti theft device?

The Flying Scotsman

Bugger this I’m off fishing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’m looking to buy something for extra security for my T6.
I’ve seen the various steering locks and pedal locks etc.
What should I be going for ?
Cheers

some ideas here:

Disk lock is perfect it’s very hard to break so thieves will walk away . All other alarms and trackers can be hacked. Plus at home have a camera pointing at the Van

Theftstop Bear lock. It's a lock that locks the shifter into park or 1st gear. It is fitted under the centre cover so you only see the keylock. I also have that huge steering wheel disklok. I have considered the Ghost but it may invalidate your warranty, they advised me to check

I really wanna rig up an offset weighted motor so when the van is tampered with the whole body of the van rocks. Tie that in to an extremely loud recording of my dog when he is effing furious... i reckon it'll put most people off.

Either that or I was thinking perhaps getting stuffed animals like a tachydermied fox and or badger sat on the passenger and driver seats with motion activated red eyes that slowly light up as soon as somoeone approaches the van...

I really wanna rig up an offset weighted motor so when the van is tampered with the whole body of the van rocks. Tie that in to an extremely loud recording of my dog when he is effing furious... i reckon it'll put most people off.

Either that or I was thinking perhaps getting stuffed animals like a tachydermied fox and or badger sat on the passenger and driver seats with motion activated red eyes that slowly light up as soon as somoeone approaches the van...
Get yourself a Jack Russell
The best protection you can get.
My Charlie is a happy wee lad but anyone he doesn’t know goes near the van he turns into this rabid dog frothing the mouth with his huge nashers on show.
You would be a brave man to stick your arm in the window.

Get yourself a Jack Russell
The best protection you can get.
My Charlie is a happy wee lad but anyone he doesn’t know goes near the van he turns into this rabid dog frothing the mouth with his huge nashers on show.
You would be a brave man to stick your arm in the window.
It’s amazing how dogs pick things up.
I sometimes watch out the front window when I hear someone struggling to park - we have a lot round here and it’s not uncommon for them to bounce off your bumper (one guy did it to the van, luckily I saw and managed to stop him before he casually drove off. Cost him £350). Anyway, our dog clearly watched me and I think saw my stress level at that incident.
She learns the sounds of vehicles and gets it spot on - knows when the kids come home, knows granny’s Vauxhall, jumps up when I come back on the bike, and knows the sound a Mercedes sprinter so she can tell the shopping delivery guy how happy she is to see him as soon as he pulls into the road. She instantly learnt this guys engine note (and maybe driving style - high revs when parking) and now barks out the window whenever he’s trying to park near the van.
She watches it like a hawk if she hears anyone struggling to park, bless her.

It’s amazing how dogs pick things up.
I sometimes watch out the front window when I hear someone struggling to park - we have a lot round here and it’s not uncommon for them to bounce off your bumper (one guy did it to the van, luckily I saw and managed to stop him before he casually drove off. Cost him £350). Anyway, our dog clearly watched me and I think saw my stress level at that incident.
She learns the sounds of vehicles and gets it spot on - knows when the kids come home, knows granny’s Vauxhall, jumps up when I come back on the bike, and knows the sound a Mercedes sprinter so she can tell the shopping delivery guy how happy she is to see him as soon as he pulls into the road. She instantly learnt this guys engine note (and maybe driving style - high revs when parking) and now barks out the window whenever he’s trying to park near the van.
She watches it like a hawk if she hears anyone struggling to park, bless her.
My pals big malamute gets an ice cream when the ice cream van comes around.
You want to see the state he gets in when he hears the music from the van coming along the road :slow rofl:

With any security I balance risk vs reward. I looked into the 'Ghost' type of device and was shocked at the annual cost.
I already had the steering wheel lock from a previous van and moved an existing camera that streams, records and notifies me of movement etc.
Plus we have the early warning system of the Dachshund's hearing and the Staffordshire very loud and aggressive bark.
But I also believe that what is designed by people can be beaten by people - so I consider this with questions such as yours.

Back