What Have You Bought, But Not Yet Fitted or Used?

A new bumper bar so that i can remove the towbar .
A new handbrake and cover cuz ours is all scratched up from forgetting to release it before swivelling the seats.
And new rear lights to replace the vanx ones that fill up with condensation .

Bought some replacement THQ grille trim for my Transporter when I was in the UK in February, but didn’t read the fine print that they won’t fit a Startline. Some surgery required before I can fit them….View attachment 242951
Also a THQ roof spoiler. Any advice on glue to use gratefully received! It came with screws and some tape, but everything I’ve seen says I just need some sealer.

Reactions: CAB
A new handbrake and cover cuz ours is all scratched up from forgetting to release it before swivelling the seats.
Where did you get the handbrake cover and how much was it please as I’ve done the same as you.

John.

Wind deflectors - going on tomorrow morning
Wolfbox Dashcam - I am procrastinating with as I am scared to wire in to the reverse light cable, if I can even figure out how to route to it.
THQ replacements bulbs - yet to be delivered

I had forgotten about it until now but I've had one of those stop/start memory control things sitting in the packet for a couple of months. I need to pluck up the courage to attack the switch again with another trim tool - the first attempt had me worrying about breaking it rather than just unclipping so I backed off before doing any permanent damage. If it stops raining later, I might have a go.

Where did you get the handbrake cover and how much was it please as I’ve done the same as you.

John.
Ebay from a breakers .
£42 delivered from a 2022 model (thats the handbrake lever itself, , switch and both covers).
Normally a top cover brand new is between £30 - £40 'ish
Alternatively you can buy a posh suede cover from retroretrims (ebay) or leather sleeves for the handle (ebay again) .

Flexiplus ET crossing :slow rofl: for impending house purchase and Italian road trip oh and some fancy LED small spot lights to on as reverse lights on a nice custom bar made by a nice 6.1 fella I met on FB

Reactions: CAB
Hi. Where did you source the bumper bar, please?
Andy

Edit; Googled and found some!

Last edited:
This roof rig. I was all set to do it but the bracket plates for the pop top run where the middle mounts need drilling through. Austops confirmed I’d void the warranty if I drilled through them so I’m moving the mounts up the rail slightly so I only have to drill through the fibreglass. Just waiting for the rubber grommets to arrive that’ll plug the holes i dont use!

As always, the jobs a bit more involved than it first appeared haha.

IMG_5788.jpeg

Back