What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Dodo thermo fleece installed and cleaned the engine bay today, the before photo slipped my mind however I can say it had never been cleaned by the previous owner and the difference is night and day. Can recommend Autoglym engine and machine cleaner.

20220321_161119.jpg

Not done anything to the van, but I have been playing with my Allpowers foldable solar panel. Tested it with my Bison Battery Box battery, eventually got it to work after some You Tube viewing. To cut a long story short, the MC4 plugs were on the wrong cables etc etc. Switched the cables at the solar controller, and bingo. Spare auxillary battery charging from Allpowers solar panel.

20220322_135314.jpg

20220322_135330.jpg

20220322_135345.jpg

Picked the van up from Midland VW after having it's MOT and a Cambelt/Water Pump change. Very happy with the service overall, and they also diagnosed a faulty EGR Sensor (even showed me the sensor corrosion under the hood), and also diagnosed a faulty steering rack.......my wallet is trembling at the thought! :unsure:

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
looks great...did you have to spray with water, if so, what did you have to protect?
Well you can just spray the solution on the engine and components and use a brush to work it all in then rinse with water. Because my engine bay was very dirty I just used a garden hose and give the bay a good spray first to rinse and surface grime then worked the solution In and rinsed. Finally I used Autoglym vinyl and rubber care and sprayed that all over to protect and revitalise the hoses and plastics, you don't even need to wipe off just leave it to dry naturally.

No issues with water anywhere under the engine bay as long as you use a hose pipe on a mist and do not use a jet wash, if you do stand well back with it.

Last edited:
Finally got around to fitting the DC-DC charger and old starter battery . I hadn't anticipated how tight a squeeze it would be as I already had oodles of factory wiring under the seat. Managed to relocate most of it under the renogy.

PXL_20220322_093114629.jpg

Back