What tyre pressure for LT245/65/R17 swamper ?

Wordie

Hi all,

I have recently converted my T6.1 swb panel van into a camper van. I threw on a set of KMC hole shot rims with Marshall Grabber tyres. My question is what tyre pressure would best suit this particular configuration ?

Thanks in advance

Leon

IMG_5411.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg

I read on a recent post on a FB page way to set pressures is as follow:
- set pressure in region you think is ok (say 45psi)
- drive an hour
- check pressures warm
- if pressure has only increased 4psi you set correctly
- if gone up more than 4psi you set too low, let tyres cool and increase accordingly by the difference
- if gone up less than 4psi you set too high, let tyres cool and increase accordingly by the difference

Ill be interested to hear you lots views on this as lots of experience and valued opinons!

I have similar size Falken Wildpeaks just added. I had set at 46psi and after an hour drving they were 49psi so based on above I will set at 45pis.

Now I have a fully loaded van for a long trip so I will do the journey again and see. I suspect I will need more pressure for the extra weight which ties in with the sticker in the door on my shuttle.

I read on a recent post on a FB page way to set pressures is as follow:
- set pressure in region you think is ok (say 45psi)
- drive an hour
- check pressures warm
- if pressure has only increased 4psi you set correctly
- if gone up more than 4psi you set too low, let tyres cool and increase accordingly by the difference
- if gone up less than 4psi you set too high, let tyres cool and increase accordingly by the difference

Ill be interested to hear you lots views on this as lots of experience and valued opinons!

I have similar size Falken Wildpeaks just added. I had set at 46psi and after an hour drving they were 49psi so based on above I will set at 45pis.

Now I have a fully loaded van for a long trip so I will do the journey again and see. I suspect I will need more pressure for the extra weight which ties in with the sticker in the door on my shuttle.
I’ll try this, thank you @archersam

Back