Wheel alignment and radar sensor

jamob

I need to get my wheels alinged as I'm getting uneven wear on my front tyres. I've contacted a garage and they asked if I had a radar on the front, if so it's £250+vat as they will need to recalibrate the radar. I'm I being taken for a ride here?

I have a radar but no ACC??

Thanks

James

I need to get my wheels alinged as I'm getting uneven wear on my front tyres. I've contacted a garage and they asked if I had a radar on the front, if so it's £250+vat as they will need to recalibrate the radar. I'm I being taken for a ride here?

I have a radar but no ACC??

Thanks

James
I think this is part of the standard VW work. but in fact this work can not be carried out!

You don't have to do your radar alignment when you're doing wheel alignment.

Reactions: mmi
I've just had wheel alignment done without having to touch the radar. The going rate for Hunter alignment is around £120 plus VAT around here.

Just been to get our tracking done. Bloke goes “we can’t do the lane assist reprogramming here, you’ll have to take it to another branch oh and it’s £150+vat for the reprogram”

I have ACC but don’t think I have lane assist.

I’ve also had the tracking done on a Ford focus recently with lane assist and nothing was mentioned about reprogramming and that’s works just fine still.

Back