Which conversion company out of these three

Wayne01

Hi, im looking to purchase a t6 van and looking at camperking, out and about Campers and platinumwave.
We previously used tents in the UK and Europe and now feel to step up. Any positive advice or dont do with the 3x possible suppliers I've mentioned?

It will probably be second hand upto £50-£65k with a RIB type bed

Any comments would be welcome

Thanks

Don’t know about ‘Out and About’ but the other two look ok at first, but you need to check they have not used cheap components. Tyres (what make) especially 20 inch 275/40/20, insulation, std suspension with saggy rear, T28 basic spec van (highline maybe) but only base infotainment etc, cheap spoilers.
Ignore all the ‘sales banter’ and have a very close look.

I don’t know about any of those converters. There’s definitely a thread on camper king you should do a search for.

You could also check out the for sale section on this forum for 2nd hand vans.

More reading for you...

Personally. I wouldn't touch a conversion without insulation & sound-deadening - it's asking for condensation and noise issues.

Have a Search with ‘camperking’. There’s some interesting findings.
I suggest you don’t limit your scope on travel distance, it’s a lot of money to spend whichever end of the conversion spectrum you end up at.

Dont just look at the quality of the conversion, look at the quality of the base vehicle (SWB/LWB, T28/T30/T32, Startline/Highline, 100bhp/150bhp etc etc)

@T6ChrisO might have a point there. I've stopped being surprised by people who buy a lower spec vehicle thus saving a few quid only to seemingly throw even more money and time at it for various upgrades.

There are many converters who pick up an ex fleet, base model donkey, give a two tone flash over and line out the battered inside.
I’d say the most important part of the conversion is the quality of a pop top, both construction and installation. There are many suppliers, I’d only use SCA or Reimo but there will now be a barrage of response from others who feel otherwise.
Don’t be wowed by bolt on pretty bits and think about the potential resale value. Summer is nearly here and this can only benefit a campervan salesman.

Last edited:
I’d ignore any of the blingy bits fitted and look at the van and the actual conversion.
If you want the bling just price it up; I expect it would be less than the premium being asked.
Also check the warranty. I went for a Hillside and got 3 years on both the conversion and van.
Price new was better than many lower specified 2nd hand “blingy” vans at the time.
I knew what I wanted and where I would have to make changes and costed that in.
I’m enjoying gradually making it my own. For me it’s a major part of the fun of ownership and I get what I want not what they want to sell.

Dont just look at the quality of the conversion, look at the quality of the base vehicle (SWB/LWB, T28/T30/T32, Startline/Highline, 100bhp/150bhp etc etc)
Hi, yes we are only looking at highlines for the extra bits you get by standard as you said

Back