Is anyone up to speed on the EU common battery directive for 2025? Have any of the big manufacturers produced tools using the agreed battery design?

I dont have many cordless items but need a leaf blower, palm sander and the motor on my bosch drill has started smelling funny.

Reactions: CAB
Leaf blower is mighty hard on a battery. Palm sander too, but not as hard as the blower. I got about 10 mins a go before I eventually threw the blower in the bin!

Is anyone up to speed on the EU common battery directive for 2025? Have any of the big manufacturers produced tools using the agreed battery design?

I dont have many cordless items but need a leaf blower, palm sander and the motor on my bosch drill has started smelling funny.
Go Makita. Get half a dozen batteries and a twin battery charger, you can blow all the leaves you want, the Makita 18v range is massive, anything requiring big power, buy the twin battery tools
There’s also many battery adaptors on the market so you can switch tools/batteries between different manufacturers

Go Makita. Get half a dozen batteries and a twin battery charger, you can blow all the leaves you want, the Makita 18v range is massive, anything requiring big power, buy the twin battery tools
There’s also many battery adaptors on the market so you can switch tools/batteries between different manufacturers
I am also a Makita fan boy

The 2 x 18v leaf blower is superb bit of kit. Almost too powerful on fill tilt

I'm a sparky (and a bit of a snob) when it comes to tools. I've had them all, had makita, which some little toe rag stole out my locked van. I now have milwaukee and wouldn't have anything else. The quality and durability is second to non

I have a mix of brands, mainly Bosch but Festo for plunge saw and planer, DeWalt mitre saw, Fein multi tools, Makita thicknesser.

Some tools are unique to the brand e.g I have a 12v planer by Bosch that is lovely to use -
smaller than standard, light and great for shooting in doors and casements.

In terms of dust extraction Festo are in a class of their own.

Back