Window Fitting ( Getting rid of the Leaky Leaky OEM Sliders )

B19DRG

VW Main Dealer
T6 Guru
Hi all , just a quick bit of advise needed please , I have the dreaded leaky windows on my factory Kombi and I'm going to replace with fixed windows as never use the sliders in back I think the Camper Glass ones seem to be the way forward but open to suggestions as to who else is good supplier , but I really wanna know is there a recommended fitter or do Auto Glass etc do it ?

I'm in Devon and I'm currently driving my lovely van around with Gaffer Taped windows !!!

Thanks

I have the camper Glass fixed windows, very happy with them. I fitted them myself, but I have used Autoglass to replace car windows just fine.

For replacement, I’d be tempted to let Autoglass do it rather than DIY. They have the tools to wire off the old glass and old sealant, and did it much faster than I would have managed.

I have the camper Glass fixed windows, very happy with them. I fitted them myself, but I have used Autoglass to replace car windows just fine.

For replacement, I’d be tempted to let Autoglass do it rather than DIY. They have the tools to wire off the old glass and old sealant, and did it much faster than I would have managed.

Did you use autoglass just for a windscreen or did you use them for side windows on a transporter?
Thanks

Hi all , just a quick bit of advise needed please , I have the dreaded leaky windows on my factory Kombi and I'm going to replace with fixed windows as never use the sliders in back I think the Camper Glass ones seem to be the way forward but open to suggestions as to who else is good supplier , but I really wanna know is there a recommended fitter or do Auto Glass etc do it ?

I'm in Devon and I'm currently driving my lovely van around with Gaffer Taped windows !!!

Thanks
Silicone grease keeps all but the heaviest rain out on my sliders.
If you are going to chuck an OEM slider I would like it to do some tests. There are other seals available by the metre plus I would also like to test inserting a length of PTFE flexible round section inside the seal to aid compression.
I’m near Yelverton so can collect

Silicone grease keeps all but the heaviest rain out on my sliders.
If you are going to chuck an OEM slider I would like it to do some tests. There are other seals available by the metre plus I would also like to test inserting a length of PTFE flexible round section inside the seal to aid compression.
I’m near Yelverton so can collect

Where you been dude? Assumed you’d gone off and brought a Transit and were too ashamed to come back? ;)

Thanks
This man is good, I used him to replace a car windscreen, by far the cheapest option.
A one man band who seems to share premises to keep the overheads down.
He was chopping holes in a van and fitting windows when I picked my car up.

Back