THQ flush fit sliding windows leaking

mrwicks

Hi all,
After suffering the classic VW flush fit window leaky horror stories that we all know about I took the plunge and decided to get a local reputable camper converters to install a pair of THQ new generation flush fit sliding windows. After feeling pretty happy that I'd seen the last of my leaky windows I paid the man and drove home happy that I'd have a wet van no more.
WRONG.
After a few months of trouble free motoring I've recently notice a few drips appearing now and again on the door frame coming from the bottom of the slider rail. I took this up with the fitters initially and they contacted THQ/ camper glass for an explanation etc. Their reply *apparently* was that "some windows just do that". Obviously this isn't acceptable from either THQ, if that's what they said or the fitters to take that as a valid answer to my query but I just wanted to know if anyone else had had any issues with these windows yet or there are any common things I should check myself before making it the fitters problem?

Cheers!

Can’t help you with the window problem but THQ are a fantastic company to deal with. They’re happy to help solve any problems you may have.
I would be really surprised if that was their response.
I would phone them myself

Fitted one myself 10 months ago. Not a single drop and you know how wet it's been this last 10 months!
THQ tell you to go easy with the sealant at the bottom of the window so the drain channels don't get blocked. Maybe that's the issue? Try checking the 2 drains from outside the van at the bottom.

Can’t help you with the window problem but THQ are a fantastic company to deal with. They’re happy to help solve any problems you may have.
I would be really surprised if that was their response.
I would phone them myself
I was thinking that might be the best course of action. I just questioned whether they might try and fob me off as its the fitters that have technically purchased the windows from them rather myself. I'll definitely give them a ring and ask the question though!

If you rang them originally and explained you wanted to replace your well known leaky VW sliding windows with their product. If they then replied, unfortunately some of ours just do that too. Would you have bothered with them?
I’d put a new thread to work asking how many people have purchased these and their experiences. Any reviews on the wider net?

If you rang them originally and explained you wanted to replace your well known leaky VW sliding windows with their product. If they then replied, unfortunately some of ours just do that too. Would you have bothered with them?
I’d put a new thread to work asking how many people have purchased these and their experiences. Any reviews on the wider net?
I'll get that thread posted and see what comes back! As for the wider net I cant find any complaints at all to be honest. Leads me to think its more likely the fitting rather than the product that is the issue!

It is a newish product on the block and customers may not be as observant as you to possibly leaks. Identifying the source / issue would be a useful start.
I believe Camper Glass are possibly linked to THQ and sell the same sliders. Worth confirming and checking on reviews here and wider?
One such thread Do VGC flush-fit leak like OEM sliding windows?

We’ve had flush fitting twin sliders, fitted by West Wiltshire Campers last August and they’ve not leaked. Glass supplied by Camperglass\THQ.

I had a THQ T6 flush fitting side window delivered on Friday. Got a fitter coming tomorrow to fit it. I had it out of the box today just to have a look at it. There is some sideways movement on the opening section when it’s shut and flush. The oem window leaks but there is no movement in the opening section when shut. I am going to contact THQ before fitting. Just wondering if anyone else’s THQ window moves when shut? Cheers in advance.

I had a THQ T6 flush fitting side window delivered on Friday. Got a fitter coming tomorrow to fit it. I had it out of the box today just to have a look at it. There is some sideways movement on the opening section when it’s shut and flush. The oem window leaks but there is no movement in the opening section when shut. I am going to contact THQ before fitting. Just wondering if anyone else’s THQ window moves when shut? Cheers in advance.
Looking forward to what they say. Holding off on buying one now.

I cant say I've noticed any movement in my leaky ones but my advice would 100% be to contact THQ as you said and raise it with them. In my experience once the windows are fitted by anyone but themselves they seem to wash their hands of any issues and put it down to improper fitting. Not ideal, especially when the fitters also state that there is no issue with their work and its the window at fault, as is the predicament I find myself in

Seems I’ve been very unfortunate in being sent a faulty window. A new one is being sent out. As usual though THQ were brand new to deal with. Glad I didn’t get it fitted today.
I decided to send mine back as I felt that when the sliding section was open and on one of the catches there seemed to be a lot of play. I was concerned that if travelling with the window open that it would rattle.

I cant say I've noticed any movement in my leaky ones but my advice would 100% be to contact THQ as you said and raise it with them. In my experience once the windows are fitted by anyone but themselves they seem to wash their hands of any issues and put it down to improper fitting. Not ideal, especially when the fitters also state that there is no issue with their work and its the window at fault, as is the predicament I find myself in
I was thinking about these. I phoned Camper Glass and they told me they haven't fitted windows for over 3 years so they have to be fitted by someone else.
Anyone know a reliable fitter in the north west to remove a fixed window and replace with a THQ /Camper glass one?

Back