Windscreen Replacement Issues

MJB1973

I picked up a couple of chips in the windscreen the other week and had Autoglass around to repair. I was told that the repair would still be noticeable and as it was just in the area that could be deemed 'MOT failure' they advised on a replacement screen. All done through Insurance so no major issue.
I turned up at their depot to be told that they couldn't change the screen as my T6 was on lowered suspension (40mm) and on 20" wheels and they wouldn't be able to calibrate the auto lights etc.
They said it would need to be put back to original suspension and wheel spec for them to do it. Would have been helpful if this was mentioned in the first place!!

Has anyone else had this issue? At a bit of a loss on where to go with this now. Thanks for any advice.

I had a replacement screen last year. Mine's lowered with HBA. As far as I know nothing was re calibrated or if it was, there were no issues

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks Deaky. Who did the screen replacement? Maybe I just try a different company?

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks Deaky. Who did the screen replacement? Maybe I just try a different company?
It was a local insurance backed place. Definitely wasn't autoglass.

The only thing on the window is high beam assist...and rain sensor (rls)

The level sensors are on the axcel.

And the range sensor is in the front grill....

So I can't see why anything needs calibrated?

I think something don't add up here.

Can you not ask them to just fit the screen.... And let you get whatever calibrated later.

Reactions: mmi
Sounds like BS. What does the height of the van have to do with auto lights? It’s just a light level sensor

That’s utter bull.

There is zero calibration needed for the RLS and/or HBA. No connection to auto lights feature and height of the van. Headlight angle yes to a degree if you have LED and auto levelling but that’s absolutely nothing to do with the windscreen.

However, are your mods declared on your insurance? Maybe that’s a thing?

I had a new screen from Autoglass with none of that nonsense either.

I'm not sure if it's my eyes, but I'm sure the heater wires are more noticeable in their non-genuine screen tho'.

The small print in docs from AutoGlass does mention the requirement to notify them in advance of certain elements which may require calibration. I can dig out if useful / needed. From memory it is to do with sign recognition etc.

Back