Engine Under Tray - Lowered Vans / Air

Jake-755

Hey Folks,

First time posting so play nicely ! I'm looking into the possibility installing an under tray to help with road noise, protecting the belts etc. My van (T6.1) is on air so wondered if this would cause any issues with clearances when airing out at all ? I'm assuming not but would like to hear other opinions before I go ahead and source one.

Thanks !

Jake

No issues from any we've done unless you have had the chassis mods done but even then can't see an issue.

I'm looking into the possibility installing an under tray to help with road noise,
The one sound proofing job that will make the biggest difference is sound deadening the scuttle. IMO there’s a screaming diesel engine between you and the road. An under tray isn’t going to make that much difference other than protecting the engine from road crud.

The one sound proofing job that will make the biggest difference is sound deadening the scuttle. IMO there’s a screaming diesel engine between you and the road. An under tray isn’t going to make that much difference other than protecting the engine from road crud.
For sure, scuttle has been on the list for a while, I'm just going through the motions of adding to the list extra things like the under tray, I like the idea of having some extra protection down there anyway and the sound deadening properties of that (if any) is a bonus.

Back