£99 diagnostic fee

Tic tac

T6 Pro
Got the van in for service,soon.
Asked them to look at an intermittent problem,with my side door not unlocking.Was quoted £99 diagnostic fee..in case its not covered by warranty.
So,what happens if the door unlocks?

Mine was covered by all-in-warranty. The issue is getting it to fault when it goes in which mine fortunately did.

was never asked for £99 which would be for pressing a button?

That's a normal charge these days.

Can you get the codes read and printed out? Obviously don't clear them, that way you'll know if they are at it or nor.

I know some dealers here are more than that! We had a customer call the dealer to ask if something would be covered under warranty, the answer was to book it in to get it looked at but obviously you'll be charged for diagnostics. The customer explained she just needs to know if the part would be covered or not, all they wanted was the diagnostic fee!

Recently had someone else get warranty work done at dealers, all covered but they gave them the diagnostic fee at the end!! Luckily they were switched on and stood their ground so got it withdrawn.

It is standard with most if not all warranties. On my Audi when they wanted to diagnose a fault with the gearbox they wanted me to agree to pay for the removal of the gearbox if it was not covered by the warranty. In the end the Audi warranty paid.
My advice would be to video the fault when it happens and email that to the dealer when you drop the car off.

They didn't charge it,in the end.
The diagnostics machine was broken..so got to go back.
Fitter thinks it'll be the latch,so they're going to order one,anyway.

Back