Everyone running standard 18x7.5 Amarok wheels, are you running without spacers?

I’ve just bought a set of super metal bullet 18s and understand their a straight fit to my T6.1, I spoke to black circles help desk today to ask if a set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 235/50 R18 Y (101) tyres would fit and be load rated etc for my transporter with campervan conversion . she asked me if I had commerical tyres on the van at the moment. I have as I have the panel van stock 16 Clayton’s with 205/65/R16C. Then she stated the cc2 tyres are for cars and if you had commercial tyres you can’t replace with car tyres. I’m not convinced she gave me the right advice so thought I would ask the great minds of the forum ! I have also looked cc2 suv tyres and they seem to be load rated etc but again she said not for a transporter! I don’t want to get the wrong tyres so am I getting the wrong advice ? Cheers

BS. Commercial tyres are made to last longer and have stronger side wall to drive on kerbs. Not required to fit commercial tyres.
I have Michelin Crossclimate 235/55/18 and they are XL and 104 load.

BS. Commercial tyres are made to last longer and have stronger side wall to drive on kerbs. Not required to fit commercial tyres.
I have Michelin Crossclimate 235/55/18 and they are XL and 104 load.
Thanks, are you happy with your cross climate tyres? I will go for the same 235/55/18 I think.

This is my third set of cross climate. Best tyre so far under the Transporter. 235/55/18 best size for ride quality and look.

I’ve just bought a set of super metal bullet 18s and understand their a straight fit to my T6.1, I spoke to black circles help desk today to ask if a set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 235/50 R18 Y (101) tyres would fit and be load rated etc for my transporter with campervan conversion . she asked me if I had commerical tyres on the van at the moment. I have as I have the panel van stock 16 Clayton’s with 205/65/R16C. Then she stated the cc2 tyres are for cars and if you had commercial tyres you can’t replace with car tyres. I’m not convinced she gave me the right advice so thought I would ask the great minds of the forum ! I have also looked cc2 suv tyres and they seem to be load rated etc but again she said not for a transporter! I don’t want to get the wrong tyres so am I getting the wrong advice ? Cheers
I've just fitted the 235/50 R18 Y (101) Cross Climates to my T30, they are load rated for a T30 and are much better than the stock van tyres that were on previously, i would certainly recommend them but 101 not rated for a t32 so depends which model you have

I've just fitted the 235/50 R18 Y (101) Cross Climates to my T30, they are load rated for a T30 and are much better than the stock van tyres that were on previously, i would certainly recommend them but 101 not rated for a t32 so depends which model you have
Thanks for info, I’ve got a T28 and think I’m going to go with
Michelin CrossClimate 2
235/55 R18 V (104)
Car Tyre - Reinforced
I’ll post a pic of my new 18s next weekend when I get them fitted cheers

Last edited:
This is my third set of cross climate. Best tyre so far under the Transporter. 235/55/18 best size for ride quality and look.
Do you have a picture of your setup you could share? I'm trying to decide between 235/50 and 235/55. Thanks

Why isn't anybody going 255/45 18 are they out of fashion only that's what I'm running and the size indicated on the VW sticker inside the drivers side door shut?
IMG20230829151355.jpg
IMG20230829151421.jpg

They are more expensive than 235/55/18, less comfortable and they don’t fill the arches well as the 235/55.

Mine's a camper so that's a full enough arch for me, there's a 70mm gap between the large inspection cap on the bottom of the underslung water tank and the ground rushing by. :thumbsup:

Folks, I've used 245/50/18 on last couple of sets and find its a very good at filling the arches more and also fairly close to std set up. I always thing the 255/45/18 size looks undertyred. You can also get them in 104 load rating as well.

20231007_125700.jpg

Back