ACC Error

Mocko1962

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Any help with ACC Error code… after dead battery ..

Have run VCDS and cleared all fault codes but this still comes back .. scan from VCDS suggested contro module for distance control .. no signal / communication…

The van only has CCS and not ACC but has city braking .. the radar sensor module is clean and undamaged … the fault has only occurred since the battery went totally flat and has since been changed … the fault ACC Error still shows in the MFD ..

The CCS still works all as normal from the MFSW and you get the green clock showing in the speedo although the CSS ‘set’ speed is not shown on the bottom instrument cluster .. the + and - 5mph speed increments also work …

Regards

try a reset . . . ?

then try the steering angle reset etc etc . . .

Please share full VCDS Auto-Scan - use Copy or Save button of the Auto-Scan - and paste here.
1717396112756.png

the fault ACC Error still shows in the MFD ..
A picture??

Anyways, obviously the controller 13 is not communicating - does it have power & ground at the connector (also fuses - SC14, SC37), then are the CANbus wires & relay to check.
What does VCDS diagnostics port Test show? Under VCDS > Options > Port and Protocol Options > Test (=simple way to test the SC14)
1717395874444.png

Thanks all ..

I’ll try a ‘hard’ ecu reset first .. capacitive discharge… as Delmassive suggestion … I’ll VCDS scan and post and check items as MMI suggestions at the same time..

I initially thought that the procedure of a replacement battery where power off was perhaps 15 mins … which has been carried out , would have cleared any fault codes BUT I missed the fact ( as Dellmassive explanation ) that the capacitive discharge would not have been done as the van voltage leads were kept isolated from each other.

It maybe later this week or weekend before I can carry out ecu reset as the van is non daily duty and the leisure battery is tucked away in a cupboard and I imagine difficult to access to disconnect terminals and the van has solar + MPPT tucked away in another cupboard … as disconnecting these for ecu reset is recommendation.. I will post results on here once done..

Thanks DM and MMI for replies …

Reactions: mmi
Update …Reference … ACC Error … I was able to drive van and set CCS but there was no clock in the MFD and no digital readout of the speed set .. however the speed would increment in 5mph jumps. then…

Been on trip to Scotland this week where 2 further faults appeared .. amber engine warning light on dash in conjunction with airbag amber warning light on dash.. and the CCS is now inoperative .. I guess due to the fact there is an amber engine warning in the dash display.

Back home today and performed a Full Van Ecu capacitive discharge as DM suggestion … Airbag and Engine warning amber lights still in dash … but the ACC Error message has now gone !

Used VCDS for error codes as picture and tried reset ‘clear all DTC’s’ several times but to no avail the amber warnings still there… No setting of CCS working ( engine amber light maybe holding this off ) and just noticed I now have no horn operation from the wheel … or any MFSW button operations for entertainment or MFD information.

I am now beginning to worry as the faults keep piling up and from the long coding errors .. CANBUS / Communication seems to be common to most of the faults … Any ideas for common canbus errors or codes as attached…7B037CB6-7277-4286-9FDA-E1020DA0A07A.jpeg-

Also checked fuses as below ….

Fuse SC37 - ACC Not fitted
Fuse SC14 - Good

Yes .. no fuse fitted in SC37 .. my van is Trendline with city breaking and doesn’t have ACC as such only CCS … but that is / was the error on the display .. strange but I thought it maybe due to the City Braking Radar Sensor .. approximates to / replicates or error codes to Active Cruise Control…

Yes .. no fuse fitted in SC37 .. my van is Trendline with city breaking and doesn’t have ACC as such only CCS … but that is / was the error on the display .. strange but I thought it maybe due to the City Braking Radar Sensor .. approximates to / replicates or error codes to Active Cruise Control…
Well , per wiring diagram there needs to be a 5Amp fuse in slot SC37 - to power the radar sensor - even without ACC.
Please put in a fuse and report back.

I’ll put fuse in there in the morning … had the van 5 years and there’s never been fuse in slot shown.. 71765540-797E-497E-B9F4-7099FD80AA96.jpeg

• Wow
Yes sure … I bought the van as an ex rental Avis van … and converted to Camper … just wondering if the SC37 had been removed prior .. as a ‘nuisance’ as I did notice the van was used as delivery type use …

Yes sure … I bought the van as an ex rental Avis van … and converted to Camper … just wondering if the SC37 had been removed prior .. as a ‘nuisance’ as I did notice the van was used as delivery type use …
My van is a Trendline too with standard cruise rather than ACC (thankfully!) and I have a 5a fuse in SC37.

New VCDS Scan from this morning with 5A fuse in SC37..... NO ACC error message in dash but amber warnings for engine and airbag ... and no operation of MFSW + Horn Inoperative.

I have also checked ( at the BCM / Light Switch ) my swapped out MFSW CCS 'repair wire' wiring connections carried out 4 years ago and splice / connections are good ... however I have a cut wire ( yellow/black T73b P45 NOT CONNECTED ) - This was removed as part of conversion from CCS on Stalk to CCS on wheel and should be fine .....

I have not removed the Airbag/ MFSW as yet to check the clockspring / connections / wiring as modified as part of the MFSW install...

Any ideas / fault finding direction appreciated ... The van will be an MOT fail without the horn working ...

I will VCDS Check ...Measurement Blocks from MFSW and report back ...

Attachments

• VAN SCAN 27062024 11-21.pdf
    72.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Time inside van... done a few battery hard resets this morning .. not reset clock.

Tried Measurement blocks for MFSW .. nothing working there as below...

Not sure what the MIL ON is referring to ... 'amber warnings for engine' ...

appreciate help with this ...

1719490264549.png

Back