Aircon/blower Smell

Use an air con bacteria cleaner thats aerosol.. I gave up on the cans with a long tube years ago.

A can is about £8. Set it in the foot well and run system in recirc. No faffing about!

Cheers Guys. I’m going to clean the scuttle area, check the condensation drain and do the aerosol anti bacteria can. Hopefully that’ll sort it. The long tube foam can was a complete faff..! Just wasn’t keen on lasting air freshener type smells from the aerosol but I’ll see if I can get an unsented one.

Many years ago I used to service and repair transport refrigeration units on trucks, when the smell got really bad the best way to kill the bacteria that live on the outside of the evaporator (the inside bit) was to put a steel dustbin on a pallet and fill it with screwed up paper and set fire to it.

Close the doors and wait for half an hour or so, as long as some of the paper was left unburnt then the fire had depleted the oxygen in the truck body to a level that would kill the bacteria.

I’m not suggesting that you try it in your van, if it was me I would use the aerosol on the floor type system cleaners as you will never get the foam to all of it.

Back