T6 owner. I have factory fitted 205 65R R16 tyres fitted at the moment. I want to change them to BF Goodrich KO2. Will 235/70/16 fit if not what tyre sizes will fit?

cooper discoverer at3 4s
vs
general grabber at3
vs
bf goodrich k02
size 225/70/16 clayton alloys T6.1 highline 110.

Going to be using them all year round use on roads fields campsites tracks ice/snow

whats everybody's opinion?

Cheers

This recent thread goes into a few types versus the BF's:

A lot of people like the Pirelli Scorpions

hi looking to buy all terrain tyres for my t6 any recommendation have looked at cooper all terrain thanks dave
Your best option is to browse these threads;
I doubt many people can give you a definite "these are what you need" answer, so much depends on how much off road you intend to do, the type of terrain, how much you are prepared to sacrifice in terms of on road performance, then, not least, what size rims you want to mount them on. So many variables!

Reactions: CAB
Just thought I'd add a few lines about the new tyres on the T32 Kombi.

I've been wrestling with getting a set of new wheels and some monster tyres (a) because I can, and (b) I like the look. But then reality set in. And I don't need them, no matter how much I run the man maths.

So I compromised on these. Goodyear Vector jobbies.

Plenty of tread depth, slightly wider by 20mm than the standard tyres, and a 55 profile rather than the standard 60, but very satisfied so far over the 150 miles since.

No calling the insurers to mention change of alloys which is a bonus..!

Noise was my biggest fear with the off road tyres. I can't be doing with all that Land Rover humming, but very happy to report these are the same or better than the originals. Time will tell with wet performance, but here's a piccy and some details.

Incidentally, my independent local tyre place beat Black Circles pricing.

Hope that helps someone.

tempImageEwDIyL.pngA9952295-B41B-4275-9DB2-A80F2E89BF3A.jpeg

cooper discoverer at3 4s
vs
general grabber at3
vs
bf goodrich k02

Going to be using them all year round use on roads fields campsites tracks ice/snow

Cheers
My vote goes to GG AT3, had them before and were great.

Thanks for all the tips here. I bought Amaraok 18” rims second hand and mounted General AT3 tyres in 235/55 dimension on them. Van is original height except i changed rear springs to transporter version so it wont sag in the rear as standard. Sprayed them matte black with plastid dip.
i-JV4hBRD-X5.jpg

i-v3D78Gz-X4.jpg

cooper discoverer at3 4s
vs
general grabber at3
vs
bf goodrich k02

Cheers
I’m in the same situation wanting them for a 16 inch wheel. Have you bought any yet?

I've read all 42 pages of this thread and am confused that there is very little mention of rim width.

Surely before you advise whether to fit 215s or 255s, you need to know if the rim is 6.5j or 10j!
I want to get the biggest BFGs I can on some new 17" wheels, but to avoid damaging my rims, I'd like a tyre that bulges out at the sides a bit.

I'm currently torn between Tuff Torque steelies which seem to come as 8j, or Fuel Zephyr which only seem to be sold as 8.5j

225/65/R17 seems to be the most common recommendation, but will this give me the bulge I want on 8.5j rims?
I'd feel a bit stupid spending £1,800 on off-road wheels and tyres if I kerbed the rims parking on the high street!

And if I go for 235/65/R17 or 245/65/R17 am I going to have problems with excess circumference or rubbing?

The 225 ko2 states not to put them on 7.5 inch rim and on a 8 inch rim there isn’t any bulge

They look good on 7 inch rims with a little bulge. The guys with 245’s will let you know what works

If you are currently running 225s, i'm guessing those wheels are around 7.5" wide, so i'd potentially look at something like the General Grabber AT3 on a 235/55/18 which is a nice chunky tyre. It might not fill that gap equally, but I can see what you mean, and it will loose a fair amount of it visually. Maybe consider some wheel spacers to bulk out the wheel even more, and possibly a set of the genuine VW arch kit. The arches will finish off a nice Swamper look, but also the Black arch against the Black tyre should give the illusion that there is more wheel/tyre as opposed to the Black tyre against the White arch if that makes sense.

Welcome to the forum and next time, careful asking opinions, because we can spend your money much faster than you can ;)
Hahaha helpful tip for a newbie. Thanks mate!

Back