am I being fussy not liking registration number given ?

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
Am I being fussy ? Had documents for new van today but not liking the registration number given vx66 pou . do I put it on a private plate or just live with it , what you reckon lads

If it's still at an early enough stage i.e. you haven't picked it up yet, then speak to the dealer to see if it can be changed. When buying new for my wife a few years ago, the dealer let us choose from the list of available registrations they had...

if you're too late to get the dealer to change it, then with you buy your own private plate (from £250 + £25 for actual plates), or you learn to love it :)

Thanks revers
Haven't collected it yet spose to be end of the month will give them a call Monday and see what they can do ,or as you say put it on a private plate

I agree, 66 cant be registered yet so thats just what they allocated you, ask to see the list.
If your still not happy you may be able to arrange a private plate through the dealer so its registered with it from new ?

Thanks Pauly this news has made feel better just had a look on dvla private plates shame that vw66 dub has gone maybe it's one of our members got it on there van

I was offered "CAC" once on a new car by a dealer. Told them to find me another - settled on "AAC" eventually. When I picked up my new car there were CAC's everywhere !

Thanks Pauly this news has made feel better just had a look on dvla private plates shame that vw66 dub has gone maybe it's one of our members got it on there van
There are some T6 plates on DVLA I think?

I was offered "CAC" once on a new car by a dealer. Told them to find me another - settled on "AAC" eventually. When I picked up my new car there were CAC's everywhere !
I wouldn't of liked CAC either m8 ,I've been on dvla looking at the 66 plates just in case get landed with something I'm not happy with

The wife's private plate was a present in Feb ready for her new car in March... The dealership were able to register it with the private plate from new so that it was all insured and plated up on the private plate when we picked it up...

That was a couple of years ago, so to transfer it it from that car to her new T6 was a faff! All sorted now tho :)

There are plenty of T6 prefix numbers available on DVLA for £250 - we got T6 GNU a few weeks ago (wife is busy coming up with Gnu related ideas to accessorise our van!!)

Before I read the Original post I thought "what an ignorant plonker, fancy not being happy with his numb......."

Then I saw it and thought.....

"Yeah I wouldn't want to see that every day either" hahah

Its so.......UGLY

Made the call today looks like I'm stuck with vx66pou will be throwing a private plate on it then ha

I have just sent an email to my salesman asking if I can pre select before being auto allocated one

So at the very least, your thread has stopped it happening to another poor soul!

I did the same but only got a list of about 6 choices.... I imagined sitting there sifting through loads of reg's finding one that suits the family but in reality I think they are only allocated a few

Asked my dealer about choosing and was told it is automatically allocated and no choice unless I have a private plate

Think it's because reg allocation is digital from dvla to dealers. Years (and years!!) ago, dealers had a book of reg numbers to issue on new cars and they let you pick and wrote your name next to the one you chose. Seems odd that you get your V5 now before your car/van in some instances !!!!

Back