For Sale Ambient Cabin Overhead Lighting

Fitted my unit a few weeks ago now. Really happy with it. Nice little upgrade.

Hi Guys,

I have a few of these kits for sale, they are very easy to fit and transform your T6 Cabin....they give an ambient red light from above as per many German car manufactures. I fitted one of these 3 months ago and it really has made driving in the dark, cool....even with H4 bulbs!

I'm after £60 for a kit, which includes postage (they are brand new)...it takes 30 mins to fit if you've taken your van apart before! maybe an hour if you haven't yet....I will send instructions as to what to do....really easy, PLUG & PLAY. (The lights that the kit come with are not white, they are the usual yellow lights)

View attachment 47116

View attachment 47117

View attachment 47118

View attachment 47119

View attachment 47120

Do you have any left please? I have 2018 high line. Do I need to remove A pillar and wire into dash dimmer switch or is that only necessary if I want to dim the ambient lights. I’ll be happy with no dimming, and in that case is it simply swapping the fittings and plug and play a few connectors?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt....its best to remove the A pillar and wire into the ambient wire behind the light switch as this, then illuminates the buttons on the light itself as well as adds in the actual ambient lighting from above :) It is plug and play but without connecting the wire from the light down the A Pillar you will only get the light to work above, but none of the buttons will light up or gve you the ambient red/ orange light.

Hi Matt....its best to remove the A pillar and wire into the ambient wire behind the light switch as this, then illuminates the buttons on the light itself as well as adds in the actual ambient lighting from above :) It is plug and play but without connecting the wire from the light down the A Pillar you will only get the light to work above, but none of the buttons will light up or gve you the ambient red/ orange light.

Thanks Matt, is it a posi-tap job into the ambient wire?

Hi @Mattn yes a posi-tap will do the trick...I cut the wires and crimp connected it back up......that was before I knew about posi-taps!

Finally got round to putting mine in had to modify the light as it clashes with the cubby hole but all in and done soldered the wire for the lights. Thanks for the kit
BC09321E-2DBD-4959-AFE3-66353FC77716.jpeg

Same here, all done. Nice job even for someone like me with limited knowledge of fiddling about with a new vehicle.
Thanks Matt

Hi Guys, Still have a few of these kits left....and also some of the Glove Box Light kits.....another thread coming on new stuff! Matt

Back