Another forum camping event.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
In the last few days I have mooted the idea of a forum weekend in the Lake District, it may give our more northerly members a chance to attend an event, although we should be have campervan will travel :thumbsup:

I had a recommendation for this campsite:

Drybeck Farm.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 12.16.40.pngScreenshot 2024-08-01 at 12.16.40.png

I have spoken to Steve, the owner and he seemed very welcoming and keen on the idea. I asked about the 'disco tent' and he wasn't fazed about that - even came up with the idea that they have a barn where they often have live music. There is also a bar onsite.

If there are enough members potentially interested then a date could be worked out to fit in with other forum events. If its too late this year then maybe it could be put in the diary.

I said I would email Steve a link to this thread so he maybe along sometime with some input of his own.

Please feel free to post

Last edited:
I'd be up for it Jon. :thumbsup:

It might be a more palatable venue for our friends north of the border (accepting, of course, that the Lake District is still a long haul for the most northerly of members).

In the last few days I have mooted the idea of a forum weekend in the Lake District, it may give our more northerly member a chance to attend an event, although we should be have campervan will travel :thumbsup:

I had a recommendation for this campsite:

Drybeck Farm.

View attachment 253044View attachment 253045

I have spoken to Steve, the owner and he seemed very welcoming and keen on the idea. I asked about the 'disco tent' and he wasn't fazed about that - even came up with the idea that they have a barn where they often have live music. There is also a bar onsite.

If there are enough members potentially interested then a date could be worked out to fit in with other forum events. If its too late this year then maybe it could be put in the diary.

I said I would email Steve a link to this thread so he maybe along sometime with some input of his own.

Please feel free to post
Nice find @Skyliner33

We’d love a forum weekend in the Lake District. Like everyone else it would depend on the dates.

Reactions: Bav
OK, as we now have a few interested and @GONA66 has said he will help with organisation. The campsite I suggested in the original post isnt quite in the Lake District, being to the SE of Carlisle.
Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 07.41.01.png
If people prefer I could look for one in the Lakes that is suitable.

An alternative I have stayed at is a smallish place called The Old Station with excellent facilities near Masham. This has an on site cafe but no bar. It is however about 15min walk to the Theakstons and Black Sheep breweries so not too far pf a stagger back to the campsite.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 07.43.39.png

As far as dates go, September is looking pretty crowded already with Busfest, T6Forum-Rural_Relaxing and Dubs in t' Dales.

So would October be too late?

Maybe people could post a preference of site between the 3:

Drybeck Farm
Old Station
A N Other in Lake District.

October would be good (not first weekend for me though unfortunately) given all the other events you mention.

My vote:
Drybeck Farm
Old Station

Another option is Dalesbridge near Austwick. It has an on-site cafe and bar and is used to holding group events. Yorkshirepoptops on YouTube held a couple of events there and has reviewed the site.

I'm up for either (or an alternative). Love Masham and surrounding area, though I'd say it's Dales not Lake District and it's at least another 1 hour further away for those driving south to attend.

Back