Best drive away awning

Hi all, looking for a decent drive away low fit VW awning for my T6, make model etc. Have heard Vango and maybe outdoor revolution are reliable and reasonably priced?
Decent sized 2 berth will suffice preferably with ground sheet. Don't want it to blow all over the place in a slight breeze. Budget around £400. Can be poled or air as don't think there's much difference in weight but poles cheaper.
Any experienced pearls of wisdom out there please. Maybe someone has one for sale even .
Thankyou in advance.

I had an outdoor revolution awning but didn’t get in with it. Now have a Kyham motordome which is excellent.

I went to Norwich Camping last year.
They had most awnings on display so easy to compare.
Helpful staff and good prices too.

I went to Norwich Camping last year.
They had most awnings on display so easy to compare.
Helpful staff and good prices too.
Yup next point of call, just up the road from me. Think they start laying their gear out more in March.

Hi,

I have recently purchase a 2017 T6 which has previously been converted to a camper. The only thing missing at the moment is a pop top roof however i'm in two minds about getting one, especially this year. I would rather purchase a decent drive away tent that me and my family can use, gauge what we actually need and get one next year.

Ok so my question is can anyone recommend a good quality family sized (2 adults, 2 kids) drive away tent? I've seen many reviews about the Vango products however have heard that whilst quality is very good space is an issue. I've seen that Kyham do a tent series however haven't actually heard (from a real person) if these are a good quality large style tent.

My only requirement is it to be good quality and large enough to sleep at least 4 people, with a cooking/drying/admin/storage space in the front.

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Why not just get a tent for half the price. Berghous 4xl air beam would give you everything you are looking for and always on sale offer at blacks

We have a big olpro awning with a 4 man inner tent, but it was too big for a lot of C&CC pitches, only the jumbo pitches fitted it in. Also the quality was very poor. I’ve just purchased a vango air tc to replace it. Not as big but still big enough for the 2 2 man inner tents we need for the kids and some indoor living area. Not received it yet and obviously not had a chance to test it test either. But beware of large awnings if you have a camper too as because the van is seen as living space you cannot park on the grass between pitches like you can with a car (I learnt this the hard way!)

Have a look here

We had the Vango Hex hub which is very practical but then changed to the Rhône ( Galli ) for us its better....but the big issue we’ve found that everything has got bigger ...comfy chairs have grown! ....Don’t buy to small now...Kids grow too :eek:

Sorry to hijack the post but @cgtmiles could you please elaborate more regarding onsite issues. I am too looking for an awning but have never visited a site so not sure how pitches work etc. Is there a typical size pitch that gets issued? If so I assume width of van plus awning has to fit? Thanks again.

Sorry to hijack the post but @cgtmiles could you please elaborate more regarding onsite issues. I am too looking for an awning but have never visited a site so not sure how pitches work etc. Is there a typical size pitch that gets issued? If so I assume width of van plus awning has to fit? Thanks again.
On a lot of sites it wouldn’t have been an issue but the camping and caravanning club sites we stayed on all last summer had very defined pitches and they were strict about the fire gap between the pitches and so wouldn’t let us spread at all. The van is say 2m, the tunnel is 1m the awning was 4m so together it was over 7m wide and it’s about 8m long. I think the standard width of their sites are about 6m. Normally it’s fine as this isn’t including the car parking but with the van it wouldn’t fit on anything but their jumbo pitch (and even one of those was a squeeze!). They let me get away it at slapton (nice site btw). But others didn’t, hard standing and grass pitches.59DAD122-A519-460A-9745-7F286027F861.jpeg

I should add that previously we had a massive tent and an extra porch on the side and it was almost always bigger than the sizes given by sites big pitches but we booked them anyway and I never remember there being an issue which is why I thought we’d get away with it so maybe it was just a C&CC thang

Back