Bicycle covers

CAMAO

Hi all,
I want to buy a durable bike cover to cover two bikes on a Fiamma bike rack. Any ideas for good ones that do not rip after one season?
Cheers,
Angela

We don't cover our e-bikes on the rack as wind damage is a concern. What we do is lock the e-bikes to the vehicle wheel when camping and cover them with an XL Bike Parka.

I use a Hindermann bike cover. Very pleased with it. Driven all over UK, out to Czechia & Austria with it. Very sturdy, good strong material and my electric bikes remained dry.

I use a Hindermann bike cover. Very pleased with it. Driven all over UK, out to Czechia & Austria with it. Very sturdy, good strong material and my electric bikes remained dry.
Thanks. Do you have a tow bar rack or a rack fixed to the door?

We have used one from Bags and Covers Direct on nearly 4000 miles of driving and it's been excellent with no real signs of wear to date. BUT ours is on a towbar rack and it goes over both it and the bikes - I suspect you would have issues using the same on a tailgate rack as the bike 'arms' will stop it.

Definitely recommended for us ‘fair weather cyclists’!
Andy - Retired Member

Hi all,
I want to buy a durable bike cover to cover two bikes on a Fiamma bike rack. Any ideas for good ones that do not rip after one season?
Cheers,
Angela
Hi - just researching the same topic (but for 4 bikes on a Fiamma tailgate carrier) and wondered if you’d bought a cover and could recommend?

Hi - just researching the same topic (but for 4 bikes on a Fiamma tailgate carrier) and wondered if you’d bought a cover and could recommend?
Hinderrman bike cover all day long. Mine has been great. Travelled all over with it with no issues. Czechia, Austria nc500. As good as new. It not cheap but worth the outlay.

Last edited:
Hinderrman boke cover all day long. Mine has been great. Travelled all over with it with no issues. Czechia, Austria nc500. As good as new. It cheap but worth the outlay.
Thanks Mick. Seems to be a really good cover.

I brought a large motorbike cover, think it was Oxford brand, super tough thick waterproofmaterial, soft on inside, had loops for threading a cable lock though around the bottom, could easily cover two bikes, had it 15+yrs

We use a Bags and Covers Direct 2 bike cover. It's been used on 4 long trips over a total of 20ish weeks and is still holding up well. That's on a tow bar rack but I think they make versions suitable for rear mounted racks as well.

Having read various threads on this forum about covers for bikes on a towbar bike rack, I can see that there are differing views on whether they are a good idea.

We have a T6.1 with an Atera towbar bike rike and later this year will travel from the south of England to Scotland and over to one of the Inner Hebrides by ferry with our mountain bikes.

My feeling is that it would be a good idea to get a cover, but will it obscure the rear lights of the van? (The bike rack has a tailboard with lights as well, but I guess the more lights visible the better).

Back