Blowout - has cracked wheel arch liner - part no?

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Was travelling circa 60mph when an almighty bang and rear of the van became very unsteady - thankfully managed a safe stop. Per picture - given state of they tyre and how it went it could have been much worse. Tyre is Kumho Ecsta PS71 - so correct reinforced tyre (103Y XL on van of course.

I'm pretty sure the force of the blowout has cracked the wheel arch lining - see picture. Van was cleaned literally a few days before and I know I would have spotted this.

Is anyone able to confirm the part number for replacement wheel arch liner? I've looked but getting conflicting parts numbers. It's the offside rear.

Also, not sure if anyone has ever tried to replace one themselves? Just wondered how tricky is it to replace - looks like a mix of clipping / screwing in?

Thanks in advance

20240406_092320.jpg

20240406_092331.jpg

Last edited:
Arch liner is easy to remove and refit, once you get the wheel off you’ll see what needs to be removed. The part number is almost certainly moulded into the back face. It looks like it could be a simple repair with some epoxy adhesive and glass fibre tape.
Personally I wouldn’t run anything other than commercial tyres on a van of this size.

Is the rim slightly bent too?
Might be just the photo, but looks slightly out of shape.
Looks like it's the photo. All Alloys are off the van (see below) - I've just checked each one and cannot see any misalignment. Steel spare was on in interim.

Positive outcome is that I have a new set of Alloys on the van :) Have been wanting to change for a while - so whilst tyres were being changed made sense to change alloys at the same time.

Reactions: CAB
Arch liner is easy to remove and refit, once you get the wheel off you’ll see what needs to be removed. The part number is almost certainly moulded into the back face. It looks like it could be a simple repair with some epoxy adhesive and glass fibre tape.
Personally I wouldn’t run anything other than commercial tyres on a van of this size.
Thanks, good that's it's an east remove/refit - although I'm useless at these sort of things lol.

Re repair - plan was to apply tape as an interim measure, so will see how good it holds.

Per above would be good know cause, might reassure in an odd sort of way, but unfortunately no way of knowing

Kuhmo aren’t exactly high end tyres, I suspect a combination of a crap road surface, low end tyre, large wheel and a heavy van.
Commercial grade tyres have much stronger side walls.

Back