Can someone help . . . .

JamesWebb

VCDS User
VIP Member
. . . identify the yellow connector in the attached image?

It's from the coupling point on the left A-pillar, behind the glove-box.
I've tried looking through the wiring diagrams for the wire colours and for a T10 connector, but with no success.
It's on a right-hand drive, 2021 T6.1 Highline.

(I'd be interested in what the T17 red one is too)

IMG_0050.jpgIMG_0047.jpg

More to the point, how does one go about finding where these connectors go from and to? Is there a technique to decoding the wiring diagrams?

Thank you (in advance!)

J

To date the only way I've done it is trawling through likely looking diagrams in the VIP Section.

You'd think there might be a coupling point diagram similar to the earthing diagram but, if there is, no-one has uploaded one.

Only bit of advice I'd mention which you may already know but generally the VW diagrams are for left hand drive, so any references to driver or passenger in them is the "wrong" way around for UK

Great. Thank you, roadtripper.
Having joined and downloaded quite a few wiring pdfs, I've done lots of trawling, using wire colours, coupling colours, coupling pin numbers . . . but not got it yet! :)
Thanks also for the 'head up' re the diagram handing.
I suspect that as my T6.1 has different wiring to the T6 . . . and there appear to be more diagrams for the T6 I may be missing some, which may be why I can't find the answer!
Cheers,
J

yellow connector
brown?
coupling point on the left A-pillar, behind the glove-box.
T10 connector
Perhaps T10ae which mates with T10dg in these (see the "spoiler")

(I'd be interested in what the T17 red one is too)
T17ao which mates with T17f

More to the point, how does one go about finding where these connectors go from and to?
Well, connectors share wiring of several subsystems as above so have to find all the diagrams containing the connector.

1715022432668.png

1715022537286.png

1.1.3 Front left of interior, RHD models​

A - 10-pin connector -T10dg-, brown / 10-pin connector -T10ae-, brown
B - 17-pin connector -T17f-, red / 17-pin connector -T17ao-, red

Last edited:
Unfortunately VW changed the current flow diagram format/chapters when they switched from 6 to 6.1 and coupling points is one of the things that disappeared :(

The download section is essentially chapters of the master document that is around 1700 pages long so not practical and also too large to upload in its entirety.
What i can tell you is that i think the interior lights pass through that brown connector so according to that diagram the two halves of the connector are identified as T10dg/T10ae
A search of the overall pdf gives a hit here
1715026251804.png
which seems to imply the green wire is the tailgate release handle return signal

1715026311714.png

What are you looking for and what are you trying to achieve ?

What are you looking for and what are you trying to achieve ?
Pauly,
Thanks for your help with this one . . .

I'm looking for a way of identifying the coupling points in my 6.1 - in order to achieve the retro fitting of a rear screen heater and a rear wiper.

Why? Because after my rear windows shattered (overnight, while the van was parked off road with the back against a wall, . . . another story!), Autoglass replaced the old one (which had no wiper or heating elements) with one that did. Not my choice, that's the one they brought along. So, as I had previously retro fitted a reversing camera (which actually works!), I thought, that was fun, let's see if I can get the rear wiper and the heated screen going.

I've run the wiring from the back of the van up to behind the dash, including the rear wash pipe - which needs to go through the bulkhead and down to the washer pump (which I need to replace with the double one - but that's the easy bit).

Now it's a matter of getting the right hand stalk to push forward to allow the existing contacts and wiring operate the rear wiper and washer. I think I can do that bit. I've also bought a 30amp relay, ready to wire in the rear window heater. The normally inoperable push button above the heating controls which would operate the rear demister can be made operable by filing off the stop tabs in the switch, as I've discovered that the contacts are also there on the PCB!

So, I'm trying to trace the wiring in relation to the downloaded PDFs to see, for example, where the existing wiring, coming out of the air conditioning controls unit, (yellow and black wires coming from pins 5 & 6 on the T20 connector - see attached) which is already installed, goes to. In this example, the wiring diagram show the yellow and black going to the TCPM, the 'Coupling point on the dash panel, centre' - but where is that coupling point?
If I can find it, I can see whether the other side of that coupling has the two wires already going to the 'Onboard Supply Control Unit' and if so, it'd be relatively simple to connect the relay to get the rear demister operation!

I realise that the van's brain might eventually need tweaking, via VCDS, but I do have a cable and an account, so that bit's covered.

Sorry about the ramble, but it's my (very amateurish) way of working through the problem.

Your comments, as always, are eagerly anticipated! :)

Thanks,
J

T20_Connector.jpg

Unfortunately VW changed the current flow diagram format/chapters when they switched from 6 to 6.1 and coupling points is one of the things that disappeared :(

The download section is essentially chapters of the master document that is around 1700 pages long so not practical and also too large to upload in its entirety.
What i can tell you is that i think the interior lights pass through that brown connector so according to that diagram the two halves of the connector are identified as T10dg/T10ae
A search of the overall pdf gives a hit here
View attachment 240282
which seems to imply the green wire is the tailgate release handle return signal

View attachment 240283
Thank you for these diagrams, Pauly.
I'll definitely check out these connections - I have replied to your late message.

J

brown?

Perhaps T10ae which mates with T10dg in these (see the "spoiler")

T17ao which mates with T17f

Well, connectors share wiring of several subsystems as above so have to find all the diagrams containing the connector.

View attachment 240265

View attachment 240268

1.1.3 Front left of interior, RHD models​

A - 10-pin connector -T10dg-, brown / 10-pin connector -T10ae-, brown
B - 17-pin connector -T17f-, red / 17-pin connector -T17ao-, red
mmi,
Thank you for these diagrams and info.
I'll check out your suggestions along with the wiring diagrams I've managed to download.
Is the 'fitting location' diagram (above) available from the forum? It'd be very useful if it was!!!

J

Back