Carista Evo - Worth it?

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I had an email from Carista earlier today offering a 30% discount on their Carista Evo OBD2 reader (here: Carista EVO: Next Level OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner). Has anybody already got one please and, if so, what's the opinion? I'm asking as I'm tempted but before splashing the cash I'm wondering whether it offers any additional facilities on a T6 over the original (other than speed of connection and communication with whatever app you use which in itself might just make it worth buying even though it is quite a it more than the original, but not that much after the discount). If anybody is interested, the discount code is CARISTAEVO30.

Looks like £64.99 for the evo and a similar yearly price to what I'm paying now for the ever useful boggo edition. I don't need loads of different manufacturers, just the 6.1. It looks like money for a pulley outey strap to me, and faster speeds. Please tell me I'm wrong!

Did anyone get it?

I am getting the offer when I connect to my older generation 2 white adapter.

I'm wondering if there are any advantages in upgrading.

Is the point of benefit of this not that you get lifetime access to the “pro” features? I generally pay £10 monthly fee every so often to get the service indicator reset and a few other bits, whereas I THINK if I just buy the Evo i get that stuff for life in a one off payment?

You don't get lifetime access to the pro features as such, but for now they have updated the app so that if you have the Evo version of the dongle you get the fault code reading and resetting for free.

I.E. the bit of the app called Diagnostics - you still need a subscription for the other areas such as live data or configuration

You don't get lifetime access to the pro features as such, but for now they have updated the app so that if you have the Evo version of the dongle you get the fault code reading and resetting for free.

I.E. the bit of the app called Diagnostics - you still need a subscription for the other areas such as live data or configuration
That's bloody annoying! Was trying to find that out on their site somewhere in the small print haha. Cheers

It's the banner headline on the app features page for me, at least on a mobile device.

Screenshot_20240920-143127.jpg

Doesn't work for me - Android Beta app (updated now) & Evo dongle - unless they mean I can read the fault codes to see faults exist - but the full code is not shown :speechless:
I'm on the non Beta and seems to work as advertised, though only used it on the i3 so far not the T6.1

Reactions: mmi
Hi Roadtripper. I am thinking about purchasing the EVO. I am new to T6 forum. When Carista talk about VW T6 Facelift, does their terminology refer to T6.1?
I have T6.1 Transporter, VW Golf Estate Mk7 Estate and a VW Golf 2.0 TDI Cabriolet as family vehicles.

Hi Roadtripper. I am thinking about purchasing the EVO. I am new to T6 forum. When Carista talk about VW T6 Facelift, does their terminology refer to T6.1?
I have T6.1 Transporter, VW Golf Estate Mk7 Estate and a VW Golf 2.0 TDI Cabriolet as family vehicles.

I am also thinking about getting the Evo for my T6 and my wife's Ford Fiesta.
I'll probably wait for a promo code or maybe black Friday, there has been some good offers recently but I can't get any codes to work just now.

Last edited:

I'm not exactly sure, but I have a T6.1 and have used my Carista EVO with it, though I primarily use ODBEleven.

I'd agree with @evohicks unless it's urgent wait for an offer as historically the EVO has been discounted quite heavily (I got mind for under £25) and Black Friday is soon - maybe use something like CamelCamelCamel if you're happy buying from Amazon.

Back