Clayton Power Pack

Hi, just looking at incomplete threads and remembered this one , my furniture and Clayton now all in , put the Clayton in the wardrobe, on a low shelf above the wheel arch , facing the tail gate. Access to the screen and controls thro the end panel door, access to get the Clayton in and out thro a drop down door in wardrobe face. All working good at moment.
Obviously the 240v kit does burn juice , not had the chance to really test on a wild camp yet but Clayton does recharge real quick when engine running. I understand from Clayton that they are developing a Mk2 that will allow additional batteries to be added to the management system , at the moment with the Mk1 you cannot do that. Happy New Year, Jeff

T6 Int.jpg

We have the Clayton system installed in our van, but because of our layout, it’s in the garage section under the bikes. The downside of this is every time the ignition is used, it kills the system, so you have to get out and fire it up again. Anyone else have this problem or is there a work around/software update?

solar powered bacon!!

Hi
I don't have that problem so must be in the wiring set up between van battery and clayton or the way the management system is set. I didn't install personaly so cannot help with detail but the wiring diagrams/ instructions with the Clayton seem relatively straight forward. I have found Clayton UK v helpful and they answered queries real good may be u could try there. Jeff

Reactions: P20
It must be a setting. Will email Clayton, they were excellent when we were looking at buying it.
Forgot to add in the previous post, the 240v will stay on, it’s the 12v side that switches off, so kills heater, lights etc...

Last edited:
Hi.
Do u have the wired remote ?? Or do you have to get at Clayton screen to see activity.
Does the Clayton charge ok when engine running. Might it be as simple as something to do with polarity ? J

Reactions: P20
Hi.
Do u have the wired remote ?? Or do you have to get at Clayton screen to see activity.
Does the Clayton charge ok when engine running. Might it be as simple as something to do with polarity ? J
No, we have no external switches or monitoring. The switch (which I didn’t know existed) looks ideal. Any idea if it’s plug and play (I.e. I could possibly do it........) or if it’s back to our converter ?

The whole Clayton thing is relatively straight forward as far as I can see as all the clever stuff is in the box itself , you just need to wire it up 'correctly' ( easy for me to say as my converter did it , but I have gotten the feel for it since being introduced to the idea) .The exception seems to be the solar input which isn't covered in the booklet. . The instructions for the LPS are pretty clear. page 18 of the instructions shows the LPS Remote connections ; so if you bought the kit and wired the connector as it shows it should just plug into its partner socket on the back of the Clayton and provide you with some visible aids and some remote functions. Flashes when charging off engine (12v) , or 240v ( mains link up), my '12v boost' flashes when the solar panel is providing power. ( do you have solar??) Also you have the ability to switch on and off the 240v and 12v supply circuits. And it tells you strength of battery charge in lights not figures. I have found it all v useful as can see this and access it easy. I also do look at the screen on the machine , as at the moment do like to see the numbers , and judge how much the kit drains , in granular % terms. But to do that I have to open the tail gate , so just a bit more trouble, especially where I park it on the drive. I didn't buy the Clayton with the option to jump start. Hope this helps , Jeff

@P20 - you can adjust the shutdown options in the settings... sure you can extend to a max of 10hrs post shutdown (which was how mine was set up originally) - problem I had was it would shut down at 10hrs even on EHU, so I changed mine to how you have yours and do it manually. Sure it was in the 12v and 230v settings. Echo the comments above, really nice set up - only issue I have is the longevity especially when using the heating - interested to hear how you get on with yours

We can have never had any issues with shutdown other than if using the ignition. Example, park up on the evening, switch the lps on, it will still be on in the morning. If we’ve had the windows open and have to put the ignition on to close them, it kills the 12v side for some reason.

I’ve been round to my parents this afternoon to line the drawers and cupboards with the anti-slip matting so had a look at the appliances.
The fridge is a Webasto Isotherm Cruise CR42.
There are no manufacturers markings on the induction hob so I can’t see who it’s made by, and I couldn’t get to the microwave as I wasn’t able to open the tailgate.
As soon as I can find out I’ll post here.
Who done the conversion, looks great

My main converter was Rock and Roll Campers in Consett Co Durham, the roof was done by Skyline and the floor bed system by Clearcut, Jeff

Back