Collecting the new shop van Saturday

Distinctive Dubs

Alan - Crafted Automotive
Trade Member
T6 Pro
After a good look round and viewing a multitude of different van specs I have settled on a 2018 (67 plate) t6 150bhp dsg I’m collecting her on Saturday and can’t wait after a few discussions with a selected few other members I have decided this is the way forward. For our company we are going to build our first demo van and trust me you will see this one coming. I’m hoping to hit the ground running. I have a list of modifications I’m wanting to make. Watch this space. I will make a build thread.

Here are a couple of pics of where we are starting from wish us luck this will be fun

IMG_1244.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1252.jpeg

IMG_1253.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she still orange? And is there no crazy v10 engine hiding under the hood yet
She is still orange and staying orange and no crazy v10 but I may have made some enquiries into a hybrid turbo for her as she’s passing a little oil through the turbo all I can say so far is the audio has arrived and is awaiting fitting and she has Nutexa disks and pads all round the wheels and suspension are on the way

She is still orange and staying orange and no crazy v10 but I may have made some enquiries into a hybrid turbo for her as she’s passing a little oil through the turbo all I can say so far is the audio has arrived and is awaiting fitting and she has Nutexa disks and pads all round the wheels and suspension are on the way
I’m in need of replacing all my brakes and pads, nothing is ever simple of cheap on these things. I know dark side do a turbo kit but I don’t think it’s cheap. What suspension you putting on it.

So it’s been a while and not had much chance to get onto the shop van as we have had a couple of customer vans come to us for work but we have a little up date

big thanks to @Dav-Tec for the points in the right direction but after a fair bit of foul language and bloody finger we managed to get the cab sound deadening fitted in prep for the coming audio install and the garage unit and all the wiring (there was quite a bit) removed from the back of the van even squeezed on a nice little @Nutexa Frictions disc and pad upgrade all round too next suspension wheels and tyers

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1555.jpeg

DA0C286A-EBF7-4023-9A53-760904E14076.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

E285A5EE-85AD-4758-8D68-258EBFEF4CE8.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

Great place to start putting in the hard work into what people mostly don’t get to see is sometimes painful in the pocket but worth every penny. Brakes look good Alan I’m sure the sound system will be banging. Can’t wait to see the van in person.

going to concentrate on the inside suspension and handling first as once the kit came out the back the van now sits a lot higher than it did and it’s got a good bit of roll in the corners but I’m sure the bilstien coilovers and polly bushes for the front and rear roll bars will help with that

failing that I have oversized roll bars to stiffen it a little more if needs be

Well had to be done took this afternoon to get the wheels into colour for the pending suspension fitting on Monday

IMG_1651.png

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

Inovit speeds 20” and staggered real nice wheels these just not a fan of matt/satin black on wheels
So your not a fan of theses then? Not quite alloys but banded steels, were meant to be just summer wheels but I never get round to changing them back over for the axe ally’s I had on originally

IMG_1780.jpeg

So your not a fan of theses then? Not quite alloys but banded steels, were meant to be just summer wheels but I never get round to changing them back over for the axe ally’s I had on originally

View attachment 242771
I quite like those the roulette wheel breaks up the black and stops the tyres looking massive
Had banned steels on my tfsi caddy love them but they just aren’t for every one

IMG_0808.jpeg

I quite like those the roulette wheel breaks up the black and stops the tyres looking massive
Had banned steels on my tfsi caddy love them but they just aren’t for every one

View attachment 242772
Yeah totally get what you mean about the tyres, I’d seen them on a Pinterest and thought wow, took me ahead to find someone willing to do them but they do look great when clean haha, just need to drop the van as the gap drives me nuts

Do love a clean caddy, I’ve always fancied a mini me van haha, but my front end comes first and can’t wait to get that done with you!

Back