Convert top dash 12v to ignition live

Stooble

Hi all, what's the simplest way of changing the 12v socket on top of the dash on a T6 from permanent live to switched with the ignition.
Many thanks..

I've got a dashcam / Android Auto unit mounted on top of the dash and plugged into the 12v outlet conveniently next to it. This is a permanent live so I have to pull the plug when I've finished with it to avoid the c. 80mA drain.

Can I easily convert this socket to an ignition feed? I've read about permanent and ignition fuse positions but I'm afraid this is all greek to me. Can I just move the connection to an ignition live by piggybacking the fuse? Or something?!

This is a 2016 T6 Kombi with second aftermarket leisure battery installed.

If your leisure battery is underneath your passenger seat, can you upload a photo of it? I ask as on some models with factory cabling from the e-box to the pax seat base, the socket wiring is fused there, meaning you can change its source there

I've got a dashcam / Android Auto unit mounted on top of the dash and plugged into the 12v outlet conveniently next to it. This is a permanent live so I have to pull the plug when I've finished with it to avoid the c. 80mA drain.

Can I easily convert this socket to an ignition feed? I've read about permanent and ignition fuse positions but I'm afraid this is all greek to me. Can I just move the connection to an ignition live by piggybacking the fuse? Or something?!

This is a 2016 T6 Kombi with second aftermarket leisure battery installed.
You can remove the socket in the dash (not easy unless you have some outward circlip pliers!) then cut the positive cable, attach a new cable and route to the fuse box below the gear lever. Drop the cable down through the dash. Then attach to one of the ignition switched fuses in the middle row with a breakout fuse.

Back