CXEB CXEC Injector question?

Andnik

Bamboo Green Cruising Machine
VIP Member
T6 Pro
As some of you may know my van has been torturing me with quite a lot of success. I recently changed the Engine as the old one was losing oil and water.

So What I have now is a CXEC block in a Van that is CXEB.......fear not the Engine is Identical...and has gone in fine, however I cannot stop it from billowing black smoke when cold or under heavy acceleration.

So one of my last resorts was to Blow a load of money on new injectors to see if it fixes the smoke (No MOT) so kinda need a solution.

The current block has Injectors from its previous life as a CXEC engine part Number 03N130277H Now I have noticed that the CXEB engine (which my ECU is expecting) has Injectors 03N130277M

In my hunting for said new injectors it has come to my attention that the part number do NOT cross refer.......AH HA!

In the wealth of Knowledge out there in T6 Forum land does anybody know the Specs between these two part numbers and could I have just found the source of my woes????

Does a 03N130277H have a bigger orifice hence more go go juice than the 03N130277M that seems to be the "correct" part Number for a CXEB engine.

(and yes before anyone says they are coded in VCDS)

Does the exhaust tailpipe get sooty then?
That would be an understatement......anything within a meter gets a dusting. Its new everything hence why I am looking at the injectors. New EGR New DPF New Turbo.IMG_4318.jpeg
And we wonder why these engines are problematic. ?????

Spanky New DPF. so guess they have limits........I am aware that the CXEB is 03N130277M. my Question is what is the difference with a H injector as fitted to a CXEC engine

To confirm my suspicions that it is the root of all my issues.

0158493E-0777-4806-AC9A-A973AF4DE58D.JPG

IMG_4333.jpg

I do have VCDS but am at work at sea right now so cannot give any measurements. suffice to say nothing untoward except P226D and Nox Sensor error which did not go away with a new sensor.......I am really hoping that putting in the correct injectors for a CXEB will "solve" a lot of these odd issues.....even VW in Barcelona could not see anything wrong (except for the smoke)

OK so here I am with 4 injectors "hardly used" off ebay and swapped them out now getting no start......been at it for 3 days plenty of fuel being bled out.
done the running the fuel pump (for hours now) and it turns over but does not start.

I am ready to burn this pile of crap!!!!!

Any Ideas?

@mmi here is the VCDS file of a start with your common parameters. How can I be sure the ECU is sending a signal to the injectors?

Attachments

• LOG-01-IDE00021_&7.CSV
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: mmi
I still have to old engine in spain. it ran when it was removed so may go and get the injectors off it and swap them out. If it runs I have been sold duds on scambay.

How can I be sure the ECU is sending a signal to the injectors?
For injector activation check that "Loc. IDE00352 Main injection: duration of activation" is varying from a sample to sample (in green below). On this engine the value doesn't reset to zero but "remembers" the last active value - yes, strange.

Thus, the injectors are commanded to fire by ECU.

1723972614500.png

All seems to be as expected - good: cranking, fuel pressure regulation, fuel pressure, lift pump activation.

As well as in 2nd cranking
1723972706494.png

To Close this thread I had the injectors checked at S&S Diesel services near Winchester when I came off the Ferry and they were full of air and gummed up due bad storage. Common issue with the Delphi units I was told.
S&S very good service while I waited.
Also went to Bognor Vans and had the Revo tune removed and BAM smoke gone. I am not sure Tuning the 204 CXEB engine is a good idea I wonder if all my issues over the last 60,000Kms was due to the Tuning......The Van is still fast off the blocks but a noticeable depower in the mid range.

Anyway I am happy as van seems to be running good again.

To Close this thread I had the injectors checked at S&S Diesel services near Winchester when I came off the Ferry and they were full of air and gummed up due bad storage. Common issue with the Delphi units I was told.
S&S very good service while I waited.
Also went to Bognor Vans and had the Revo tune removed and BAM smoke gone. I am not sure Tuning the 204 CXEB engine is a good idea I wonder if all my issues over the last 60,000Kms was due to the Tuning......The Van is still fast off the blocks but a noticeable depower in the mid range.

Anyway I am happy as van seems to be running good again.
Revo is maybe the issue, rather than any kind of tuning.

How similar are the cxeb vs cxec?

Currently looking at a Full engine job as my 2018 204 cxeb engine is knackered

Hi Dell, the blocks are identical with a difference in the Wiring loom for me (prob due to parking heater and an extra pump in the water system) the only got ya seems to be the CXEC injectors are different and the Turbos have different EGR outlet tubes to the EGR Valve. (I think the newer Engines have a shorter Pipe to the EGR from the Turbo Casting)

If you transfer your wiring loom from the CXEB and the water hoses you will be golden. also if the engine is second hand do not be scared to semi dissasemble the turbo top end to check the small turbine is spinning free as changing the turbo is a bollocks of a job......way easier to do out of the van. (Hi Nick at Transporter Heaven......still waiting for a refund for the Dud Turbo)

While the engine is out consider adding a oil cooler as I could easily get the oil temp to 130degrees and now with the wagner tuning oil cooler it hovers around 100-110 even when getting a thrashing. If you watch the redhead youtube videos they are of the opinion that the CXEB/CXEC has rubbish heat management which is why they are tending to get into a death spiral of burning oil at Turbo going into EGR intake blocking the DPF and causing all the problems that keeps this forum active. (if you dont speak germain the cc buton will translate for you.)

Picture is of mine installed before bumper went on.....if the van is a keeper I would say its worth it

IMG_5DB6F08553E0-1.jpeg

Back