Dashboard amber warning light ... What is this light?

Can anyone help I'm in France at present and this light has just shown up but I don't have my user manual with me can any help let me know what it means and what I need to do I have a 10 hrs trip back home tomorrow and want to be sure all is ok

Thanks in advance

IMG_2959.jpeg

Diesel particulate filter. It catches all the crap that comes out the engine. That might will have come if the van hasn't been able to complete a dpf regen by itself under normal driving.

Yes as above, dpf light (diesel particulate filter). It will be doing a regen......burning off excess soot. Have you got less than a quarter of a tank of fuel......pretty sure that's the minimum you need to trigger a regen. Might have come on as it can't start one?
I have never had that light come on in my t6 but do occasionally get it in the Tiguan. It goes out after a good run and the regen has completed.

Is that the norm that it regens itself RAC been called anyway cheers we have been driving around although 30-40 miles an hour tops and for short journies hopefully it clears fill like I've had a few misfires or lack of fuel even though the tank is full

It will be fine seen it on my old van many a times when doing short stints for work. Nothing to worry about it will clear its self

Thanks for all the replies this forum is invaluable!! European breakdown didn't want to listen and wanted me to take the van 30 mins to be dealership... instead took my son for breakfast and the light cleared!!!! Thanks to you all

Back