Egr Faults? after remap

sca7fy

I took my van for a remap (Pendle) on Friday. On Saturday the engine management light comes on. Plugged in the carista to run diagnostics and I had the following come up, searches show egr fault, but want to know if there's a quick fix and/or if it's related to the remap.

1000026098.png
1000026096.png

Egr getting clogged is common thing on a T6,

It needs replacing before 90k on most vans.

What's your van spec and mileage?

It's a 2017 t30 TDI 102 with 79k on the clock
If its not been done, then it's due.

Can't say if the map has any relevance.

But that's exactly when mine needed replacing.

VW done two flushes and then replaced it... All under extended warranty.

Out of warranty it's around £800-£1200 depending where you go. (Part is £600 odd)

And new part should be good for another 80k miles.

If its not been done, then it's due.

Can't say if the map has any relevance.

But that's exactly when mine needed replacing.

VW done two flushes and then replaced it... All under extended warranty.

Out of warranty it's around £800-£1200 depending where you go. (Part is £600 odd)

And new part should be good for another 80k miles.
And relax, dealer will be covering under warranty!

I didn't think the egr was covered under "all in" warranty?.......one of the reasons I decided not to take it out??? I am so confused by the "all in" horror story's I have read.
Sounds to me like it totally depends on how good your local dealer is. I am sure I read on here that somebody tried to claim for an egr and was refused??

Not a main dealer I might add, but 6 months full coverage from him, and he's not doing the repair either

I didn't think the egr was covered under "all in" warranty?.......one of the reasons I decided not to take it out??? I am so confused by the "all in" horror story's I have read.
Sounds to me like it totally depends on how good your local dealer is. I am sure I read on here that somebody tried to claim for an egr and was refused??
Yes it's covered.

Just oil leaks that are not.

Back