EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

VCDS is reporting as a P0401 Insufficient Flow.
Please use VCDS to run engine's built-in EGR flow test - details below.

My light came on, same code, replaced split pipe, cleared code, came back a week later. Now in for a new EGR

EGR! Bloody things. Mines in having a new EGR fitted. Oh, and two new turbos! Bill is going to be very very painful :mad:. Still at least it'll be done .. only to be going up for sale for someone else to have peace of mind motoring.

Exhaust Manifold To egr inlet pipe, I bought one of these from Vw parts centre in Liverpool on Friday, and it was surprisingly cheap at just £27!

The bloke on the desk said they sell lots of these, it’s a common failure, hence having the part, the gaskets and new bolts in stock on the shelf.
He also said that this parts is cheap, but they do have an updated version with a solid elbow on it which is £105.
I was really surprised by the price at £27, it was £85 on most places on line….

Did it come with the shim/gaskets or did/were you able to reuse the existing ones?
The gaskets look Like single use with a crush ring .
The other similar pipe coming out the other side of the egr has same gasket at one end, but a rubber seal At the other where it goes into the inlet manifold.
I got new gaskets and new bolts as the ones that came out the exhaust manifold looked an
Little stretched and it was a worry taking them
Out with a lot of back and forth on the ratchet.

He also said that this parts is cheap, but they do have an updated version with a solid elbow on it which is £105.
It was re-designed to prevent cracking, IMO you should have bought the latest version if you are keeping the van.

It was re-designed to prevent cracking, IMO you should have bought the latest version if you are keeping the van.
I’ve got bigger problems with the van right now tbh, I removed the pipe to check for possible
Leaks as part of trying to get to the bottom of my po299 underboost issue, replacing the pipe (which wasn’t at fault) with a new original part , plus gaskets and new bolts, rather than putting the old one back seemed like a sensible option at this time. An upgrade at a higher cost can come when I have got to the bottom of the fault I have.

My issue could at his stage potentially be dpf or turbo related, so it’s going to be expensive.

Back