EGR issues

conor.watkins1

Hi all, I had a PO46C00 fault code on my VW T6 102 67 pleate euro 6. Had some diagnostics done and EGR wasn't functioning and rear flexi pipe had split. Replaced the EGR unit, intercooler and pipe. Van drove well for about a mile and the light has come back on the dash with a loss of power. Power loss more noticeable in 3rd and in particular 4th with very little response. Will have the codes re-read but wondered if anyone had come across this in the past and can suggest any further testing. Appreciate any help.

Have you adapted the new EGR valve to the ECU?

Have you adapted the new EGR valve to the ECU?
It was done at the garage but that wasn't mentioned to me so going to guess it has not been done. Any chance you know of a thread that can explain the process to me? Will contact the garage to check. Appreciate your response

It was done at the garage but that wasn't mentioned to me so going to guess it has not been done. Any chance you know of a thread that can explain the process to me? Will contact the garage to check. Appreciate your response
@Dav-Tec I had the limits adapted and the light went off for a little while. It's now returned and the van is not accelerating properly in multiple gears. Garage thinks it potentially the temperature sensor A failure. Would that cause loss of power/ poor acceleration or could the egr failure caused the turbo to have gone? Again appreciate any help.

The sensor right above the EGR? Check plug for any broken wires.

Is the power loss constant or intermittent?
The one toward the rear, by the rear flexi pipe. I'll take a look in the morning for any broken wires.

The power loss is intermittent, it was only in 4th and 5th gear, now it seems to be in all apart from first. No power with foot on the accelerator and then suddenly it kicks in

The one toward the rear, by the rear flexi pipe. I'll take a look in the morning for any broken wires.

The power loss is intermittent, it was only in 4th and 5th gear, now it seems to be in all apart from first. No power with foot on the accelerator and then suddenly it kicks in

Is the DPF regenerating when you loose power, if you know?

Back