Error: Start-stop, Error: ABS/Stabilisation control (ESC), Tyre Pressure Loss indicator currently not available

studioviz

Hi All,

I get the following error messages in order:
1. Tyre Pressure Loss indicator currently not available
2. Error: Start-stop
3. Error: ABS/Stabilisation control (ESC)

These messages all started flashing up a couple of weeks ago and then disappear after about 10mins. At first they were intermittent, every other journey. Now they flash up every journey.

Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be put right?

I’d really appreciate any help!

I’ve attached pics from the dashboard of the messages.

Cheers

IMG_5528.jpeg

IMG_5571.jpeg

IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5575.jpeg

All of those systems rely on the wheel speed sensors so highly likely to be one of those failing or the wiring to it.

To find out which one read the codes, it's much easier to get the van to tell you than trying to work it out by replacing them.

If you don't have one then Carista is a good choice for some one off diagnostics.

So I ordered a cheap OBD2 reader to try and read the error codes for this. It turns out that the cheap OBD2 readers can't detect ABS related faults. My reader shows no error codes. Not sure where to go from here! ??

I had the same issue on my T6.Called out VW assist but AA turned up instead,his reading were showing a rear right speed sensor issue, he cleared all the faults working fine for a week but now all are back again.Only this time cruise control isn't working until drive a short distance turn everything off, and restart.Just booked in with main dealer, hopefully its covered with All-In plan.

Yep they often start out as intermittent errors that will clear for a while or reset themselves.

The other thing to check is that it's not damaged to the toothed tone ring that generates the pulses in the sensor. I had that on the XC70, corrosion had caused the ring to expand off the axle a bit and crack and the slightly wider gap at the crack would trip the sensor fault every so often.

If you get the sensor replaced it's worth getting both sides done as they tend to fail in reasonably similar times as they live in identical conditions. Sometimes that's not covered under warranty but for me it saves the hassle of another visit so...

Thanks for your advice.Went out yesterday no errors showing at all, today they're all back on,and don't have cruise control.If they're still on tomorrow I'm ringing VW Assist again,I've booked in with local dealer problem is the earliest date is 5th December.

So I've been driving around with these faults now for 3 months! I ordered a cheap OBD2 reader to try and read the error codes for this to find out which wheel speed sensor has failed . It turns out that the cheap OBD2 readers can't detect ABS related faults. I called my VW dealer and they confirmed it's probably a wheel speed sensor but to find out which one they are quoting £180 for a diagnostic! I don't want to be ripped off..... should I buy two wheel speed sensors and replace both the front ones ... 50/50 chance I'll replace the faulty one? Next question... are they easy top replace? Also I have an MOT coming up... will this fault related to the ABS flag up a fail on the MOT?

Back