Ex-RAC - Rear reinforcement plate?

adtaylor

Hi,

I'm currently working through removing at mountains of crap from our ex-RAC 2017 T6.

One thing I noticed today was two big bolts at the back of the van, above where the spare wheel is.

I poked my head under the van and it looks like it's just holding up a piece of c section metal.

I'm trying to work out if this is something RAC added in to support the equipment in the back? Or is this something as standard on a t6 that I need to work around?

PXL_20230710_122726947~2.jpg

PXL_20230710_122747469~2.jpg

PXL_20230710_122731924.jpg

Hi,

I'm currently working through removing at mountains of crap from our ex-RAC 2017 T6.

One thing I noticed today was two big bolts at the back of the van, above where the spare wheel is.

I poked my head under the van and it looks like it's just holding up a piece of c section metal.

I'm trying to work out if this is something RAC added in to support the equipment in the back? Or is this something as standard on a t6 that I need to work around?

View attachment 205108

View attachment 205109

View attachment 205110
I just cut the top off the bolts as they wouldn't undo, then used a punch to knock one of the bolts as they were pinching on the bodywork, the plate underneath will just drro out.

I just cut the top off the bolts as they wouldn't undo, then used a punch to knock one of the bolts as they were pinching on the bodywork, the plate underneath will just drro out.
Nice one. This is on my list for tomorrows jobs, so nicely timed. Hope I don't have the get the grinder out again, its already been used on this van far more than I ever thought it would be!

Nice one. This is on my list for tomorrows jobs, so nicely timed. Hope I don't have the get the grinder out again, its already been used on this van far more than I ever thought it would be!
I've had to use it once or twice too. :cool:

Back