Feedback request with reference to OBD2 code P24A8 "EGR Cooler Coolant Pump Performance/Stuck Off"

ccthompson

Good Afternoon :)
After getting a steady amber engine light (I believe this relates to exhaust system errors), which did not clear after a long drive down the motorway, I read the error code with my Carista EVO and it showed a P24A8 code "EGR Cooler Coolant Pump Performance/Stuck Off"
I have cleared the code and after a short drive it has not re-appeared.
I spoke to the local VW garage who suggested resetting the code, and that as long as it was steady amber (and not flashing) it was not to be worried about unless it reappears in which case I need to book it in.
So a few questions if I may:
1) Does the EGR Cooler pump run all the time, or only when the engine is at a high enough temperature to start it?. I ask this as I am not sure whether the engine condition that caused the initial error has re-occurred yet?
2) Any idea of the reason(s) the pump is stuck off?, I thought it could be due to a obstruction and that this may have cleared itself, or perhaps the pump is sticking and starting to reach end of life?
3) My engine has been re-mapped to a higher bhp, I am not sure why, but would this effect the EGR system?
3) Any other member's experience of this problem and resolutions would be very helpful
My VW Transporter is a T6.1 2017 with 46,000 miles on the clock.
I appreciate any feedback and have a great day all....

My VW Transporter is a T6.1 2017 with 46,000 miles on the clock.
As always, the actual engine code would be useful as 2017 Transporters have quite a few different engines.
1) Does the EGR Cooler pump run all the time, or only when the engine is at a high enough temperature to start it?
It runs all the time - mostly at 100%. Only during DPF regen runs at reduced rate.

3) My engine has been re-mapped to a higher bhp, I am not sure why, but would this effect the EGR system?
Only the remapper can tell that.
Have you verified that you actually still have a working EGR, and not a blanked out one?

Possibly a similar one...

A Forum search...

Back