Fitting a fix Rib bed onto new rails??? Can it be done

graydog82

Hi I’m on the the hunt for a lwb t6 and it would seem my dream conversions is like rocking horse poop! I want to have the bed on a rail system to keep the kids close during the usual day to day use and allowing loads for room behind for storing awnings etc when we do go camping.
So my question if can you somehow turn an already fixed rib bed into one on rails as to reduce the need to buy a whole new bed and rails system. Hope that makes sense as in my head it does, there’s loads of nice campers out there with beds already fitted!

Thanks in advance
Kev

Reactions: CAB
You could but it would be a very invasive job putting the rails into an already done floor. I have Unwin rails in the floor which were done by the converter during conversion. To fit them after would involve cutting the floor out around the units (or removing them too) and relaying after. The seat frame would likely need some welding to put the fixings in the right place but would be relatively simple compared to the floor rails.

It’s great being able to bring the seat forward but an absolute PITA having to remove everything from behind it to make the bed. If I did it again I’d probably lean towards the California type solution.

Back