Yep, I've had a few release dates given to me dating back to around November like you say. I ignore them now. Its so frustrating not being able to crack on with the van.
Yup, now I've also been told that the have no plans to release in LWB, so as the new van is 40cm longer I can't have a Skylow roof.
That means new decisions to make. So Stealth LowLife or dare I mention it, the other low roof. I cant think of any others now :(

Yup, now I've also been told that the have no plans to release in LWB, so as the new van is 40cm longer I can't have a Skylow roof.
That means new decisions to make. So Stealth LowLife or dare I mention it, the other low roof. I cant think of any others now :(
Exactly my thoughts, Preston not far from me but was messed about before ordering "said roof" with no replies to questions etc. Maybe a godsend but still in limbo.

Exactly my thoughts, Preston not far from me but was messed about before ordering "said roof" with no replies to questions etc. Maybe a godsend but still in limbo.
Yes, I've spoken to 2 well know fitters now, and both were less than complimentary about the management at said company.

Oh yes, you just reminded me about the drivers seat, I needed to remove that to get to the lever too.

I don’t plan on removing the seat on a regular basis, but it needs to come out when I do the floor. Not sure how many times you can remove trim before the fixings wears out :/
Iirc, my rails are fitted 110mm back to allow the seat to come out without needing to move anything else. I've had it out once since fitting , to do the ply floor

Iirc, my rails are fitted 110mm back to allow the seat to come out without needing to move anything else. I've had it out once since fitting , to do the ply floor

I found if you’re bolting the rails to either side to the crossmembers and through the holes in the rails, there’s only one place they can be fitted. I couldn’t see there being any choice unless you drilled your own holes in the rails.

Ah ok, I’d assumed you could only fit them in one place on a SWB.
From when i fitted mine I’m pretty sure there was only 1 place they will fit. The holes are in the rails and these match up to the plates that are riveted the the chassis. There is no choice of placement.

Hey all... So dont supose anyone has done this for a LWB, with LWB seat rails... and 4Motion??? o_O

Mine is a swb 4motion with caravelle rails colin from t5 oxford fitted mine for aprox £350 wasnt worth the hassel doing it myself
I phoned a few places but they can’t do anything for months and couldn’t even give me a ball park figure. Started stripping it earlier. Do you know if they had to drop the rear diff?

I phoned a few places but they can’t do anything for months and couldn’t even give me a ball park figure. Started stripping it earlier. Do you know if they had to drop the rear diff?
No they didn't have to drop the diff ,they had to drop the fuel tank slightly to get to fix rails.
Where are you based ?

The fuel tank I can deal with, didnt want to disturb anything like the diff that will end up leaking oil all over the driveway. I'm hoping to just 'persuade' the bits of heat sheilding around the prop to get enough access :)
I'm down in Plymouth

The fuel tank I can deal with, didnt want to disturb anything like the diff that will end up leaking oil all over the driveway. I'm hoping to just 'persuade' the bits of heat sheilding around the prop to get enough access :)
I'm down in Plymouth
Kurnow conversions supply and fit the rails or colin from t5 oxford witney

Last edited:
I am planning the same, what is everyone's approach for obtaining the parts?, i.e. rails, floor and seats?, also I understand the genuine floors are all twin slider only?

So I watched ebay for nearly a year looking for rails and seats at a reasonable price :eek:

Got my LWB rails singles and doubles with bolts for £384 (thats not a typo!)
And the Caravelle front captain seats and tripple rock and roll seat bed for £1655

Now I've finally come to fit them, I have the luxury of not needing the van for a week, so took everything off to check exactly what brackets I need... glad I did as mine already had most of them fitted! Not sure if its just because mine is a LWB... but it seems like I need another type of bracket for 2 of the bolts?! the same type that are used for the lashings. Got the remaining brackets turning up on Monday.
As for the floor... Going custom rather than second hand... but I'm going to try something special for mine ;)

Things I've already learnt...
  1. The OEM exhaust is a pig to move enough to get to the rear fixings, seeing as mine wasnt looking very healthy I've used it as an excuse to fit a stainless system
  2. The heat sheilds can be bent enough to get to the centre bolts without dropping the prop on a 4motion
  3. Get a load of heatsheld washers (20-30) and self tapping 8mm screws with washers (20-30) mine hadnt aged well and what I've taken off wont be going back on

Back