Hi, complete newbie here

...wondered if anyone can explain why quotes to fit floor rails for a sliding bench seat/bed are in the region of £5k+?

Cheers :)

Hello @jenny-wren ,does that £5k plus include the seat/bed? We didn't pay anywhere near as much as that to get ours done but it probably came to about that by the time we had bought the seat and had it re-trimmed. The parts required are also expensive,the rails themselves especially.

Hello @jenny-wren ,does that £5k plus include the seat/bed? We didn't pay anywhere near as much as that to get ours done but it probably came to about that by the time we had bought the seat and had it re-trimmed. The parts required are also expensive,the rails themselves especially.
It does not include the seat!

Hello @jenny-wren ,that seems a bit steep to me then to be honest. You will be looking at £1500-2000 for a seat if it is a Caravelle one you are thinking of fitting? We had ours done by @Chris Chilvers at Stonewall Leisure but it is a long way from you up in Teeside. Nice guy Chris,might be worth you having a conversation with him and i am sure he will be able to talk you through exactly what is involved etc,hope this helps

Has anyone ever established a definitive parts list with correct part numbers for a SWB? Lots of great information in this thread, but the list of brackets required doesn’t appear to be resolve.

Never got the definitive bracket list I'm fairly confident they are all correct except the part no's for the rear 4x brackets need some one with a Caravelle to drop the spare wheel and plastic trim out to take some photos and get the numbers off the brackets fitted.

1610793502264.png

I am thinking of putting a Titan Vari-mount with rail system seat /bed in my van whitch runs on the caravelle rails Just interested to know what death
of ply I need so They can sit flat with the top of the rails
And what tailgate and side door Step I need to finish the job neat and tidy
Rob

Never got the definitive bracket list I'm fairly confident they are all correct except the part no's for the rear 4x brackets need some one with a Caravelle to drop the spare wheel and plastic trim out to take some photos and get the numbers off the brackets fitted.

View attachment 98831

Where do people suggest purchasing these brackets? Main Stealers? or can anyone recommend a good aftermarket supplier?
I've just picked up a set of caravelle seats and rails, they haven't come with any brackets and also missing a few nuts and bolts.

I am thinking of putting a Titan Vari-mount with rail system seat /bed in my van whitch runs on the caravelle rails Just interested to know what death
of ply I need so They can sit flat with the top of the rails
And what tailgate and side door Step I need to finish the job neat and tidy
Rob
They are really helpful on the phone, worth giving them a call

Has anyone ever established a definitive parts list with correct part numbers for a SWB? Lots of great information in this thread, but the list of brackets required doesn’t appear to be resolve.

I'm still trying to get this list too! I spoke to a dealer and he says with out a chassis number, it is very difficult for him to find what exact parts are needed.
If anyone with a caravelle with full length rails in, and would be willing to let me quote the chassis number to the dealer, I could get that list.
the front ones are as stated before, but there are 2 different brackets for the rear two, 7H0802369 or 7H0802370, what the difference is I don't know.

So I've managed to get a collection of brackets and its starting to make sense in my head how this is going to fit together. I think I need another 14 of the double brackets (total 16)
I have ended up with 4 of each of the rear two brackets, the only difference seems to be the configuration of the rivet holes.

my question to anyone who has fitted these brackets is, (and before I start stripping the underside of my van) are the rivet holes for all the brackets already drilled?

IMG_9097.JPG

Yes the holes are already there the rivets do take a fair bit of effort to squeeze up with the tool could of done with longer handles on mine! Would be good to see some photos of the brackets fitted at the rear end when done

Cheers
Stuart

No, SWB! I was following the advice of the parts guy at the dealers, he was convinced I needed them! I didn't think he was quite right, but I need to get on with this and don't want to be short at the time of doing it, so went with what he said. still need to order another 12 doubles.

My rails have a total of 44 bolts in total

44!? You dont put bolts in all the holes should just be square holes that the square head bolts slot in and you only need 2 double brackets if your fitting them in a T6 I know the T5 fitment is slightly different, never any harm in having too many as long as you can take back what you don't use.

No, SWB! I was following the advice of the parts guy at the dealers, he was convinced I needed them! I didn't think he was quite right, but I need to get on with this and don't want to be short at the time of doing it, so went with what he said. still need to order another 12 doubles.

My rails have a total of 44 bolts in total
Post a picture of your rails. They dont have 44 bolts. In the pic you posted above you seem to have some brackets you wont need. Although its been a whiles since I fitted mine.

Back