FOOD - What do you prep/take with you?

I’ve tried Biltong/Jerky, the jury’s out. I might give it another go. I use Weschenfelders Pokel Salt for the bacon. Works a treat & is really easy.
I use Crown National spice, white vinegar and a dash of Worcester Sauce. I have the shed in the railway garden that gets the sun and has a dehumidifier in that will dry it to a wet state in about 3 days (which I prefer) or about 5 days for dry. I just get whatever joint looks good at Lidl/Aldi that week.

Makes an ace breakfast freshly sliced with a couple of cold boiled eggs and a flask of coffee.

I am hoping CGT that the primary use of the butter is reserved for the preparation of the toasties rather than buttering a bacon bap/sarnie?! The thought of buttering a bacon sandwich fills me with the same thoughts as one of @Sabre 's smoothies! Am I uninformed on the bacon/butter 'eticassy' (a new word my edumacated wife came up with last night), or should I accept I am wrong, again? @Bav How would you spell her new word, I feel it potentially has a place in polite society!
@Bav's Compendium of Synonymic Designations suggest etiquettical, but I'd stick with your version unless attending a debutante's ball. ;)

PS - butter in a bacon butty, always!
PPS - The word "butty" actually derives from the word butter, so there's a big clue. :cool:

Last edited:
Fry up a load of onions and garlic at home in advance, no point is stinking the van out.
Low volume and can be added to just about anything at the last minute for a warm through.

Back