FOOD - What do you prep/take with you?

Morning my fellow money spenders on the stuff we don't need.............daily

Todays discussion, what sort of meals do you prep at home and then take with you to heat up?

Reason I ask is me and the missus keep having all the motivation and best will in the world to cook up something nice whilst away but never end up doing it. The ingredients just sit there and we end up making something much simpler with half of the ingredients ha ha.

Equipment wise I have a small gas stove and Cadac Safari that I can use.

Beef stew, frozen and then defrosted during the day.

Mrs CAB makes dumplings in the van which work well with a Remoska, but you could take precooked spuds or tinned new potatoes and just heat it all up, add some frozen peas, :inlove:

Beef stew, frozen and then defrosted during the day.

Mrs CAB makes dumplings in the van which work well with a Remoska, but you could take precooked spuds or tinned new potatoes and just heat it all up, add some frozen peas, :inlove:
Pan fried tin Toms are really good

• Love
Reactions: CAB
If you’re in an area where you can get/buy/forage fresh mussels or cockles, moule mariniere is a doddle to cook up on a single gas ring & is a treat.

Bacon
Bread
Butter

And some grated cheese in case we get peckish and fancy a toastie later in the day

Otherwise my good wife (and me) have a break and let the pub kitchens take the strain
I am hoping CGT that the primary use of the butter is reserved for the preparation of the toasties rather than buttering a bacon bap/sarnie?! The thought of buttering a bacon sandwich fills me with the same thoughts as one of @Sabre 's smoothies! Am I uninformed on the bacon/butter 'eticassy' (a new word my edumacated wife came up with last night), or should I accept I am wrong, again? @Bav How would you spell her new word, I feel it potentially has a place in polite society!

Unbuttered bacon rolls?
What sort of heathen are you?

Morning roll, plenty of butter, thick cut crispy bacon. Big mug of tea the colour of walnut. That is the true breakfast of the Gods.
Speaking of bacon, here’s my home dry cured smoked bacon drying nicely in the fridge. It’ll be ready next weekend, along with some fresh duck eggs from our friend’s Buff Orpingtons.6E227425-A110-4D5F-A35F-A8D6BBB486C6.jpeg

I am hoping CGT that the primary use of the butter is reserved for the preparation of the toasties rather than buttering a bacon bap/sarnie?! The thought of buttering a bacon sandwich fills me with the same thoughts as one of @Sabre 's smoothies! Am I uninformed on the bacon/butter 'eticassy' (a new word my edumacated wife came up with last night), or should I accept I am wrong, again? @Bav How would you spell her new word, I feel it potentially has a place in polite society!
Bacon buttie, it’s sort of in the name!

Back