Free Adblue From Vw ............

James1000

T6 Guru
I can't see this posted on here anywhere but after my previous Adblue issues on top up and two VW Assist call outs, I had the EML light on last night read the code as P20EE left it and had a third call out to VW Assist this morning.

"oh that will be the new Adblue software update, there are a few forms for this one and you'll get 8 free Adblue top ups from VW" - The reason why, because the new software increases consumption!!

Software updated I will see how it goes. Photos of the crime scene and the VW paperwork attached!!

2019-07-03 08.16.19.jpg

2019-07-03 08.26.27-1.jpg

2019-07-03 08.26.31-1.jpg

2019-07-03 09.37.56-1.jpg

T6 EU6: TPI 2054601

Nice one @James1000 , looks you might be the first on here to get the official "software update" from VW that should address the multiple yellow lamp relating to Adblue?

I’m not familiar with the codes on your letters.... what model, engine and age is your van ?

There were a couple of threads about this 2-3 months ago so I think there are others out there who've had this done too

There were a couple of threads about this 2-3 months ago so I think there are others out there who've had this done too

I did look but couldn't see anything - VW Assist did say this update has only been out a week or so as he kept phoning in to check. So not sure what was different

I Had the update, no mention of free top ups though .
Seems to have cured my EML issue ( 5 times in 11.5k ) , have done a mix of short journeys , 800 miles in one day and lots in between . Had it scanned once and no fault codes showing so far ... Done about 3k since update .

I can't see this posted on here anywhere but after my previous Adblue issues on top up and two VW Assist call outs, I had the EML light on last night read the code as P20EE left it and had a third call out to VW Assist this morning.

"oh that will be the new Adblue software update, there are a few forms for this one and you'll get 8 free Adblue top ups from VW" - The reason why, because the new software increases consumption!!

Software updated I will see how it goes. Photos of the crime scene and the VW paperwork attached!!

View attachment 46510

View attachment 46511

View attachment 46512

View attachment 46513
Hi James I have also this done to my van . My question is on the paperwork it says across the complete vw service network.Does that mean any vw service centres or only commercial? Kind regards Bert

Thank you .my argument is that I travel around uk with work and would of liked to have used any vw service.if you go by paper work it clearly says you can do it but tried today and after heated discussion they put in half a tank and more or less said don’t come back

Yep just take your form, phone in advance to be fair on them. I was told to turn up with 500 miles to go seem a bit late but it’s fine

how do you go about getting them to look at the software update?, my kombi has been in VW for 2 weeks+ with EML on, they've replaced a wire (don't know which one) so far!! and that's not this issue.. Just wonder if this could be related, 2017 (67) 204 DSG 4motion

View attachment 46510

View attachment 46511

View attachment 46512

View attachment 46513

I went to VW assist who then booked it in so it was checked twice - VW then did something

Back